1. It is actually the 6 month anniversary of Conrad's death. It could potentially be a very heavy and depressing day. So my girl Ann and I went to the spa. We watched the Vietnamese ladies talk about us in Vietnamese. They weren't even subtle... totally staring at us while talking to each other. We were cracking up. They treated our bodies pretty well, though, so no complaints. Went out for lunch, and then hung out at the house and tried not to get coughed on by my sick kids.
I know the day will still weigh heavy in her heart. But I love her for making the effort.

2. Got a surprise phone call from my sweet friend in AFRICA. Yes, technology these days is amazing. Remember when that phone call would've cost about a thousand dollars? I talked to her for a half an hour... FOR FREEEEEE! My kriolu is a bit rusty, but it was amazing how we instantly reconnected. We both have three kids, and our two oldest are the same age. We compared notes on middle children... get this: birth order applies EVEN IN AFRICA! So funny. My heart was filled with love and friendship.
3. We actually had a nice little FHE, and Noe's prayer was the best: "Please bless Daddy that he won't die or get poisonness so he can come home."Amen to that.

Lastly: I share this special moment with you, my trusted friends. Mad thanks to H-Dawg for her hilarious post where I learned of this fabulous site:
4 comments:
Noe's prayer is so sweet :)
I'm enjoying your daily blogs. Before I head off to bed I have to see how your day went. I'm thankful for your good days and feel for you on the rough ones. Maybe because as a mom and woman I understand both. Hang in there!
I am so glad that you and Ann had a spa day. Good call. By the way...Ann is DARLING!
Once my sister and I went to get pedicures and the ladies were totally talking about us, too. I actually didn't find humor in it. After about 15 minutes of staring and talking about us one finally said, "You sistas? You use to be skinny like her and then have baby and get fat?" I muttered, "no...I've always been fat." and she said, "But you pretty...you pretty face." Save it, sweetie. It reminded me of the Seinfield episode where Elaine took (I think it was Jerry's dad, I can't remember) to be a spy in a nail salon because he spoke fluent Vietnamese. Elaine found out that the ladies were, indeed, talking about her harshly.
Noe's prayer was so wonderful. I know your man will come home from, Black ops.....ohhhhhhhh safely...and free from poison.
You have a future in film making. I am dying over that piece of cinematic wonder. I liked Skip's dance at the end...and when he said, S, H, H, H, H, H. Let's not ruin the moment with words." You need to prepare an accecptance speech for all of the awards that will be showered on you.
So fun... Callie made a video about my red hair experience - it too is hilarious...I'll have to post on fb...
And a spa day...I'll have to live vicariously through you on that one - sounds delightful.
And I've been thinking about your friend. I'm so glad she has you!! Must be such a hard time... Hugs to you both...
Post a Comment