Then her little one got sick. Her husband is already out of town, and we all know we don't leave our little ones when they're sick without mom or dad. So she's not coming. Plus I haven't slept in 13 days, I'm up to my eyeballs in graduate studies, and oh yeah... life spins on at a thousand miles a minute with three kids. And the man is gone.CRAP.
On to the bright and shining moments of today:
1. Took the kids out for din-din since they are feeling better and have been super good. The restaurant actually had malt vinegar for my fries. There is nothing like the tang of a salty, fried potato drenched in malt vinegar. A personal fave.
2. A friend of mine from high school tried my "dedicate a song to yourself from your husband" idea. She did "She's Beautiful" by Darius Rucker. Then she told me that it worked, and she felt the love. Seriously. You should try it. We all know our spouses really feel that way; cut them some slack and just dedicate the song to yourself.
3. Found a note in Noe's backpack, on which she had all her classmates sign up for "A RIDE ON NOE'S PARTY TRAIN." I have no idea what that means, and hope I'm not raising some kind of cheap trick... but seriously, most of the class signed up. So it had better be good.
That's it. I'm POOPED tonight, and really want to go to bed early. My goal tonight is in bed by 10:30. Wish me luck!
Oh, and PS... if you missed my SO funny video short on yesterday's post, scroll down and check it out. It's me and B as Lego characters, on a secret rendez-vous in Beijing. I'm still cracking up over it.
5 comments:
That video is the funniest thing i've seen since the last episode of Modern Family. Yeah, it's THAT funny. My belly is still rolling.
Sorry about the trip. We'll make up for it soon. smooches.
Sorry your friend couldn't come. Boo.
The only song I can think of to dedicate to myself is The Offspring's "She's Got Issues". Especially the line that says, "She's got issues and I'm gonna pay." I'm feeling kinda cuckoo lately ;)
Sorry that your BFF couldn't come. Boo. :(
The only song I can think of to dediate to myself is The Offspring's, "She's Got Issues". Especially the line that says, "She's got issues and I'm gonna pay." I have been kind of a handful lately. ;)
Okay the lego video is insane!!! I love the five o'clock shadow and Gwen Stefani look a like. AWESOME!!!
You look amazing in that picture. That should make you feel good. I have yet to take a good beach photo, you on the other hand...hot.
Sorry friend. Sounds like you really need a reprieve. I've really enjoyed your posts, but for reasons which I know you can appreciate, I have not been commenting.
Next time we go to grad school, let's do it when we're 22!
Post a Comment