1. The fact that today was not a good day. I was still bummed when I woke up about the Pats' loss yesterday. I had a really rough day with my son, who desperately misses my husband. And my two other kids, the ones "without" behavioral issues, were a PAIN IN MY ASS. Sorry. They were. But I also did really great on my first paper. So I both whined and bragged a teense on this special spot:

and seriously, THANK YOU to SEVENTY of my friends who took a few seconds to pat me on the back, offer words of encouragement and love, and let me know that they think I'm special. Honestly, thank you.
2. My first visit EV-AH to...

Ann took me, as I still have this living room to furnish. We ate lunch there (Swedish meatballs, anyone?) and I was seriously wowed by the sheer massiveness of this store. I wasn't too into their furniture, but DEAR FATHER ABRAHAM AND HIS SEVEN SONS! their organizational equipment is out of this world. Seriously, when I die, I want to be buried in an Ikea organizational compartment of some sort. I got some great ideas for my pantry and kitchen drawers, and when I wasn't distracted by my constantly bickering children, I silently began a mental overhaul of said areas.
3. Harry's Law. I've been eagerly anticipating this program. I love crime shows, but most of the ones on TV are too graphic for me. I find them depressing. This one looked like it had some moxie, some spunk, a touch of humor, good storylines, and a solid cast. Good call, Andrea. Good call. I loved EVERY SECOND of it! Now I have something to look forward to on Monday nights. Aside from my nurturing and uplifting Family Home Evenings, of course.
11 comments:
I heart IKEA. Besides organizational stuff they have great ideas for decorating in simple uncluttered ways for small spaces.
I'm sorry for your Pat's loss. Be strong.
I've seen the commercials but missed the debut. I'll have to check it out!!
Way to get through Day 5... :)
Uh...yeah...I don't have a Facebook account...so, I'd like to take this time to tell you, Congrats on doing such a great job on your first paper!
Hmmmmm? You may be onto something. Ikea should start making coffins....(You are funny)
IKEA is my FAVORITE place!
I bought the best rug there for 19 bucks. I think I am kind of lucky that it is 3 1/2 hours away though, because I think I would just hang out there daily if I could. :)
WELCOME to the Ikea world! How can you go wrong with meatballs and cubbies!
Aric just left me for four days...I am bummed. I keep thinking of you and Skip and your separation...I really am so sad for you. I am hating it for you!
Oh and way to rock the school thing...you are an inspiration!
You make me laugh, through your good times and not-so-good times! It's seriously a gift! Thanks for sharing your life with us for our entertainment :)
I too recently had my first experience at Ikea. Wow, that sounds a little racy, not intended but I'll just leave it there anyway. Since my neighbor Katy up and left us here, we go visit her and I have to pass right by Ikea, so now it's a tradition to stop. Love, love, love it there--Katy took my to the cafeteria there and now I'm a fan of that too! It makes me want to add on to my house, just to have a fresh room to decorate. That, and my leaky ceiling--we decided rather than patch the roof we'd just add another room up there. Cost effective/practical? No. Fun? Fo sho! I hope today is a better day for you. It's Biggest Loser tonight, what's NOT good about that?!?!
You make me laugh, through your good times and not-so-good times! It's seriously a gift! Thanks for sharing your life with us for our entertainment :)
I too recently had my first experience at Ikea. Wow, that sounds a little racy, not intended but I'll just leave it there anyway. Since my neighbor Katy up and left us here, we go visit her and I have to pass right by Ikea, so now it's a tradition to stop. Love, love, love it there--Katy took my to the cafeteria there and now I'm a fan of that too! It makes me want to add on to my house, just to have a fresh room to decorate. That, and my leaky ceiling--we decided rather than patch the roof we'd just add another room up there. Cost effective/practical? No. Fun? Fo sho! I hope today is a better day for you. It's Biggest Loser tonight, what's NOT good about that?!?!
i really enjoyed harry's law too, but was a bit bothered by the completely obvious political slant. it was a bit patronizing if you ask me. c'mon...let's just get on with the good stuff. luckily, there was a lot of good stuff there, so i'll keep watching.
Love the show too. Here's a late pat on the back too. Great job at school, missy!
I swear I thought your middle name was IKEA. Really? You haven't been there before? You may have heart failure when you step into a Container Store. Kids are a pain in the ass-its a good thing we love them so much!
I LOVE IKEA! Seriously, I always spend way too much money when I go.
You should be super proud of yourself for your paper! That is so fantastic!
Let's face it, all of us have those days with our kids. It is nice to know we feel each other's pain though. You are an awesome Mom!
You have never been to IKEA????? Speechless.
Post a Comment