Let me just say that it was a serious reach to find something good today after my beloved Pats choked. And to the Jets, no less. But here goes.
1. Much thanks to all my crazy friends who texted me the score of the game all through church. Although I noticed the texts slowed considerably when the Pats started trashing the game.
2. Slept in til 8:00, and lounged in bed til 9:30. Snuggled with Noe for an hour. So delightful.
3. Let me borrow an incident from yesterday, which still has me laughing today:
While I was at the mall, I noticed this very attractive 18 year old young lady staring at me. It finally got a little awkward, so I waved at her. She came over and said, "Sorry my friend and I have been staring at you! We've seen you all through the mall today and we just keep staring." Of cousre, what's your first thought? She's going to say "And your kids are SO CUTE!" or "And I LOVE your hair!" or "I just have to ask, WHERE did you get that gorgeous rust colored cordury swing jacket?"
Well. Funny thing, because here's what she said. "Yeah, so, you totally look like my mom, and it's freaking me out."
FOR REAL? I said, "How old are you?" She said, "18." I said, "Honey, I'm dying a slow death over here. I am not old enough to be your MOM!" To which she replied, "Oh, I mean, don't get me wrong, my mom looks great for her age! She's like you, she's in great shape and has the same hair and everything. I mean, you look great for your age too! I just kept thinking 'Why is Mom here at the mall?' "
Oh.
K. Thanks.
I mean, in all fairness to my pride and ego, this young lady was beautiful. She had olive skin and long black hair... which she must've gotten from her DAD?? So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume her mother is also attractive and in great shape. You know. For her age.
Thanks for listening to all my stories while my usual audience is in black ops... oooooohhh...
11 comments:
You are a good woman not to have said to your mall friend, "Go 'way kid...you bother me."
Ahhhhh. Snuggling for an hour. Sounds lovely. My kids only want to wrestle.
I guess Skip doesn't get to read the blog while in, black ops...ohhhhhhh. He is going to enjoy catching up on all that he has missed.
OH wow. "Young" people can be so oblivious! Ha ha. Good story though. I think it is GREAT you are posting once a day while Skip is gone. It will make it go by faster (I hope) and I LOVE regularly updated blogs so I'm enjoying this too. Thanks! And good luck. I admire you for making the best of this.... 2 weeks with no contact would be very hard. Good job making it fun!
Hmmmmm, well you don't look like my mom, but you kind of look like me. So I've been told.
Well, she was trying be nice-I guess. Sorry about the Pats. They totally blew it!
HA! What a snotty little tart. You are hot though! I mean, for your age and all ;-)
I also am glad to "hear" from you on a daily basis.
Her mom must be one hot mama!
I'm not sure how I would have reacted. Just so you know...her mom had to of been a teenage mom.
I sure hope these two weeks go by fast for you.
I am in a state of TOTAL depression - approaching the state of manic. How could the Pats do this to me. I mean losing is bad enough, but losing to those low-class, trashy, loud mouths from NY. I mean! I may have to go out and buy a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory to help assuage my feelings of pain and despair!
pesseguinho? is that you?
Just wanted to say I really love your once a day posts. Don't you think it makes you dig a little deeper and you mention things you might not otherwise mention? I think it's a good little glimpse at the 'day in the life' for you. And it's pretty entertaining for the rest of us too. About the "mom" comment, my first thought was "at least it wasn't 'grandma'" I will not go there now. But seriously, I have paused to think on this topic since my feelings have been hurt previously. Wait- I AM going there, sort of. 2 of my HS classmates who I see on fb have recently been showing shots of their first grandkids. That means that really, we COULD be grandparents which means that we actually could be that 18 year old's mama. It would mean starting quite young, but it is not that out of the ordinary. We are talking people who married right out of high school and starting having kids right away. And LOTS of people do that. So I don't think you should take offense at the comment and I try not to be offended that anyone would think I was the granny of a newborn (or a 2 year old) grrrr.... okay, I'm still offended.
You have another pesseguinho? I think my heart just broke a little. and i feel dirty. snif. snif.
Post a Comment