Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day Ten

Here's what made me happy today:

1. Supper.


It was super yum... some Mexi-seasoned steak, sauteed onions and peppers, Spanish rice, and some frijoles. Throw it in a tortilla with some fresh mango salsa... zooooeeey MAMA!



2. Keola's Volcano Evacuation Plan. He asked me today if I had one, to which I replied, "Not really. Just avoid lava. How about you?" He said, "I'm grabbing my bank, my DumDum wrapper collection, my fuzzy slippers, and an extra pair of shoes." Always thinking ahead, that one.



3. Keola's epiphany. As the solitary reigning Well Child in our home, he accompanied me to WalMart to buy cilantro and Puffs Plus tissues. We didn't get a carriage, as we weren't planning on getting anything else. You know how that goes at WalMart, right? 17 items later... he and I both had our arms loaded. And he said, "Mom. I really like helping you. It gives me a good feeling inside."


4. Somebody I know may or may not have set up a military email account for me, so that said somebody could then allow me to instant message with him whilst in black ops.... oooooohhhh. And tonight may or may not have been our first chat. And my fingertips may or may not be nearly aching from typing so fast and so hard.

DAY TEN: Super sick kids, bad. Everything else, good.

5 comments:

lisamarie said...

other than the doenca, these are the best kind of days.

Jessica said...

That sounds good. Especially the chatting with S part. I get little thrills, because I like my husband as much as you like yours.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, the military e-mail account. that is so romantic and sweet. i die.

and are those your pictures of dinner? i'm sure they are. you are seriously talented. and could you please post the recipe? my mouth's watering. yum. and i'd love to share it on our bountiful basket blog if you don't mind.

Lauren in GA said...

I like your evacuation plan. "Just avoid lava." Solid plan, indeed.

I am dying over the lovliness of Keola's comment of liking to help you because it makes him feel good inside. Such a good boy.

Yeah for the black ops....ooooohhhhhhhh secret covert e-mail account!!!!!!!!!

heidiram said...

Love the evacuation plan. It kind of reminds me of the time when I asked my sister in law about hurricane disaster plans. She laughed in my face . . . along with her partner. They both guaranteed me that I wouldn't need to worry about hurricanes in Central Florida. Needless to say, one week later Hurricane Charley hit.