Apparently there has been some kind of injustice committed here. Above you will see the new Shuffle I bought for my husband. Below you will see the iPod which belongs to me. Following is his interpretation of the story:
Here’s the deal. My Old iPod died when I was in Iraq. Maybe it was the 130 degree temps or the fact that I dropped it a couple hundred times. Whatever the case, it died so I decided to take some of my hard earned deployment cash and buy a new one. I picked out a new, slick, black 80 GB model from the Apple site, clicked "buy now" and what popped up? They don’t ship to an APO address. For those of you who are asking what APO stands for I’ll tell you: it’s Army Post Office. Now what communist company doesn’t ship to an APO?
So I did the next best thing- I had it shipped to my wonderful beloved girlfriend, Andrea (pre-wife days) so she could ship it to me in one of her care packages. No problem right? Wrong. My wonderful beloved girlfriend liked New iPod and decided, in the name of love, to hold on to New iPod for me. You know, just until I came home from Iraq.
Flash forward to me coming home from Iraq. New iPod and I finally meet, and there’s an awkward uneasiness between us. It seems that New iPod has formed a bond with my wonderful beloved girlfriend (I’m sure Andrea told New iPod about the treatment of its predecessor) and they were inseparable. I learned a long time ago to not come between a woman and her electrical products, so in the interest of love I let my wonderful beloved girlfriend have New iPod. Now I’m back to square one, no iPod. Enter Old iPod.
We decided to visit the Apple store in the Oklahoma City mall where we turned Old iPod into Refurbished iPod. Refurbished iPod does …um…okay, but he’s not like Old iPod, and definitely not in New iPod league.
Apparently, the strain of competition is too much for Refurbished iPod, and his ticker goes kaput. Does this sound familiar, can you see a pattern? Skip gets iPod, Skip loses iPod. Do you remember my wonderful beloved girlfriend? She’s now my wonderful beloved wife and saw my pain. Enter iPod shuffle. More to follow.
Wondeful, beloved WIFE here. Just for the record, take a look at the inscription on the back of New iPod. Then you tell me... does a man engrave his iPod to himself with "you n me forever baby"?
What's a girl to think upon receiving this in the mail? Does the man profess his eternal love for me by engraving his own iPod? Sketchy. Very sketchy.
So. The case is turned over to the jury. To WHOM does that sleek, black 80 gig iPod belong?
12 comments:
OBVIOUSLY, the inscription refers to Aaron (A), which is the name of his new ipod. Whom he loves forever. And who you STOLE FROM HIM.
I love Skip's surprise guest appearances (here or at the mall.)
I learned a long time ago to not come between a woman and her electrical products... HA
I'll just say send it right on over here to me... we lost ours a while back... hmm. maybe it's mine anyway?!
You'll have to send it my way so I can listen to the music that's on it. That will be the deciding factor of who it indeed belongs to. You already have at least my partial vote because your first initial is engraved on it . . . A= Andrea. But who the heck is B?
i've always heard the big ipod referred to as the "family" ipod, which means it clearly belongs to both A and B. The obvious solution is to get another shuffle for A to have when she needs to listen on her own and use the big daddy as the grandmaster flash. The 1G shuffle is only 50 bucks now - so worth it.
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That was too much! You guys are funny. My husband was just saying to me last night that he thinks his personality is somewhere between type A and B and I said mine is somewhere between B and A. So, he says together we make ABBA. We are the "Dancing Queens"! I'm sure that inscription is for you Andrea! That man loves you to bits!!! I apparently love exclamation points!!!
B is what i call skip. our last name starts with b, so it makes a nice nickname. his real first name actually starts with an A as well, so we have the same initials. so to clear things up, i'm A, he's B.
I call my husband B when I write him an email, I wish I could also say that I call him that when I text message, but I'm not cool enough to text message.
I think I would have to side with you, the inscription seems a little incriminating.
My ex-wife hated it when I called her a "B".
What my wonderful beloved wife is forgetting, is that she is the one who suggested "Why don't I just hold onto it until you get back from Iraq?" One of the many skills that I have developed in the military is the ability to decipher code. Thus, the inscription on the back of New iPod.
Finders keepers. :)
Yours. Yours. Yours.
Post a Comment