Monday, March 24, 2008

I Have No Shame... But Someone Loves Me

So. I almost blew myself up tonight. I'm not a suicidal person or anything. I'm not even really an idiot. My grill misfired. For some twisted reason, I find it very comical. You should click on this picture to look at it up close. (Pardon my freakishly large Charlie Brown forehead). I singed off a good portion of my left eyebrow, and half the length of my left eyelashes. My mascara instantly melted, and made this weird clumping feeling on my eyes. If you look closely, you can also see my hair product ignited as well. I have all kinds of small singed hairs on my scalp. I kept thinking I should be scared, or cry, or something, but honestly, all I thought was, "I better take a picture of this for my blog."
My name is Andrea.
I'm a blogaholic.

On a lighter note, earlier in the day, I received my first birthday present. (Sunday's the big day!) It came from Shally. Shally has become my friend through blogging, and I can't wait to really meet her next month. We actually went to USU at the same time, had the same major, the same professors, we were probably in the same classes. But we met on the blog. She has the most gorgeous children I've ever seen, and apparently the patience and kindness of a saint. I can tell that she is a great mom. I often like to ask myself "WWSD?" Of course, today, I am particularly high on her because she sent me this: Some very tasty tea cakes. She could have sent me poop, and I would love it because I'm that vain about my birthday. But she happened to send me a very delicious little treat, which I will fully enjoy after my kids go to bed tonight. THANKS SHAL!! YOU'RE THE BEST!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to shower and remove the burnt hair smell from my head before my husband comes home. Then I'll probably have a tea cake.

19 comments:

Jessica said...

Half an eyebrow or a really good post...

We all know what we'd choose.

♥Shally said...

I am so glad you didn't blow yourself up! That would have been a real downer at Blogapalooza.

Plus, I would have been really sad we didn't meet in real life! :)

I ate so many of those T cakes when I lived in Nashville! They say you can freeze them for months and months.

That never worked for me, because they were gone before I could even think of freezing them.

♥Shally said...

Oh, and you really don't appreciate the singed hair and eyebrows until you click on the picture and look up close.

Holy Cow!

I bet they could smell you across the street!

♥Shally said...

Me AGAIN!

Sorry for the 3 seperate comments, but my husband was standing behind me the whole time.

Who can think with that???

Anyway-- LAST THING--thanks for giving me such props-- they are not deserved. (except for the beautiful kids part!)

What's funny is that if anyone links to me, they are going to read a timely post about what a horrible day I had.

So the whole WWSD will fly right out the window.

Red Seaglass said...

Pretty easter pics. Not so pretty pic of you after the bbq. I have something planned for you for your bday... he he stay tuned....

Katie said...

umm, ouch. And umm, the fact that the first thing we think of is to take pictures for the blog is just priceless. And I do say WE. sad.

Umm tea cakes? I want some.

Clair said...

Yikes- glad you are okay! And glad you had those teacakes to help take the edge off of a crazy day. And whatever you were doing when the bbq blew up- don't do it again!

calibosmom said...

I loved clicking on the picture and making it HUGE! Nice burnage! I was going to post a picture of myself after consuming my cannoli but it was so horrid, it made me more depressed than actually eating all those cannolis-your picture...not so bad. I love that you thought of your blog during your pain. Who needs an eyebrow when you can have a great post?

Cindi M said...

It gives me the creeps to think of those little mites crawling around in my eyebrows and eyelashes, but there has to be an easier way to get rid of them, right??

HappyBack said...

So this one time the Mrs. and the kids and I were driving down the street. The kids were fighting amongst themselves in the back, and the Mrs., in a desperate bid to make them see reason, shouted back at them,

"Kids! What would Barney do??"

Oh how I laughed. OOOOOOOH how I mocked her for months and months afterwards.

I suggested we make the kids WWBD bracelets to remind them to be more lovable and cuddly.

We're divorced now. I don't know if this had anything to do with that but I'm sure it didn't do anything to deter it.

Christie said...

Hee, hee. Don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but I do find it funny (and awesome) that the first thought is not of your own safety, but, "Where's the camera?" You know you're a blogger when...

Happy upcoming birthday.

Celia Fae said...

The bday pressure is officially on, huh? I'm thinking something to hide that enormous injured forehead. I'm glad it didn't get your eyes.

I took the advice and blew up the picture. Pretty.

Suzie Petunia said...

Treats in the mail! What a fun surprise. What a nice blogging friend you have. Isn't the internet amazing?

Sorry about the grill incident. I can hardly see anything singed in the picture. I'm glad you're ok!

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

Oouwwwaahhh -- the close up tells it all. These are the stories you're kids and their families will love holding onto when you eventually get THIS part printed in book format. So once you posted the pic and washed up, I hope you were unharmed and have no further back-talk from your bbq.

The Mencl's said...

Ow! I'm so sorry! I'm glad that you are okay! And I hope that you enjoyed your tea cakes! How sweet of Shally to send them to you, and what great timing!

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

So I totally commented the other day and it's not here. What I said was
You are killin me good thing for Shally and the yummy treats. And we went to the mountains again, spring break.

Heidiram said...

HELLO . . . Will you please refrain from doing anything dangerous so close to your birthday?

Lara said...

Saw your link off of Lauries...

This was absolutely hilarious.

mamasuisse said...

Hello Andrea. I always enjoy your comments on Celia's and Paige's blogs, so I stopped by to "meet" you. This post is hilarious - the close-up is priceless. My husband did the same thing once and his eyebrows grew back in really long and curly - I hope that doesn't happen to you.