Monday, June 8, 2009

Tunesday: There Goes My Baby

Remember the Gap Band? Oops upside ya head, I said oops upside ya head...Yeah. Good times.

Well Charlie Wilson, aka Uncle Charlie, has been doing quite a bit on his own since those days. Mostly songwriting for other artists, but producing a bit of his own stuff here and there as well. This is his latest, and frankly, I am obsessed with it. I listen to it multiple times every day. It is a smooth, upbeat love song, and it makes me want to snatch my husband right up and dance with him.

The official video has no embed code, so I had to post this clip from the Jimmy Kimmel show. The official video is so awesome though. Click here to see it. Uncle Charlie is good friends with Snoop Dogg. It's a really heartwarming version with Snoop and his true love, I think her name is Shante. I know "heartwarming" and "Snoop" are sort of contradictory terms, but really, check out his softer side. You'll feel the love, I promise. I get a little misty every time I watch it.




Click here if you can't see the video.

6 comments:

Anna said...

The Gap Band brings back some good memories. Didn't they sing "She Dropped a Bomb on Me"? Fun, fun memories.

Lisa-Marie said...

ooooh. That is smooth. Forget about my previous curb comment!!! I want to dance too.

It cracks me up that Snoop Dog keeps trying to kiss Shante and she is trying to kiss the cat!

Robin said...

She gone be the one
we gonna fall in love
we gonna have some babies.

Sounds good to me!

Robin said...

I just watched the youtube video and I am surprised that snoop is even married! And to such a classy looking girl. I figured he'd have a bunch of skanky women, maybe he still does. I hope not.

This is a great video. My husband would like it.

Tristan said...

This is totally a goodie!!

Lauren in GA said...

You are helping me be so music savvy, Andrea.

I love his smooth voice and the rhinestone studded fedora.