Voting by Pedro:
1st place: Queenieweenie. An obviously intelligent individual with impeccable taste.
I agree with the photographer...you should be VERY ashamed for deleting the photo-it is stunning. I think the photog genes DO run in the family.
2nd place: Skip. My favorite son-in-law
I cannot, CANNOT, believe that you deleted that picture. Especially after I reminded you several times to enter it into the Palouse Picture Pageant. I just hope your dad does not lump me in the same boat as you and keeps me in the will. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS, picture.
3rd: place: Christie. Identified for shame. Do not delete your father.
Tell your dad not to feel bad. I delete stuff from my dad all the time, usually without reading it. GORGEOUS shot. Now we know where you get it.
LAST PLace: Happyback. Only in it for the porridge
I like it. Steve O done well. Here's my recommendation: Submit it to a local (i.e., NC local) artsy fartsy magazine, or newspaper. Hunt around for one that accepts photos for their little "Photo of the Day" competitions, or "photo of the week" or whatever. I'll take my third of the winnings in Porridge-form! mmmmm, porridge....
For the record:
1. I did not influence the voting in any way.
2. Skip is KILLING me here.
3. Happyback used to eat breakfast at our house after early morning seminary before we went to school. We were pretty much the only Mormons, so he saved my dad from having to get up too early by driving me, and in return, my dad fed him Cream Of Wheat, which they call porridge. It's probably not at all funny to anyone but my dad and Happyback. You guys enjoy your little joke.
Allison... send me the address to the QueenieWeenie palace and I'll mail your prize out.
This is my dad 2 years ago when he came to visit. He likes us to call him Ansel.
9 comments:
Well, I'll be darned! I missed the contest! So now I not only owe you a critique, but your dad too! Will somebody watch my kids for about 3 1/2 days so I can get caught up on things? This summer vacation stuff is for the birds...I mean teachers!
I'll enter steve in all the photo contests he wants if he would just share that lasagna recipe. we could do a highly confidential exchange.
Steve: i get your photo entered into any contest, and it wins - you give me the recipe. Deal?
I hope by some fluke Christie's dad reads your blog and finds out his emails get deleted before she reads them.
Well...you're dad has proved himself once again to have impeccable taste. I'll send you my address in a more secure place...
You would delete the crap my dad sends, too, if you saw it. Every joke ever invented on the internet - my dad has read it and passed it on to me and 100 of his closest friends. I feel no shame, but am excited to be singled out in the hopes that I would feel some.
So now I know where you got your extreme sense of humility...
I burst out laughing at Ilene's comment.
I like your Dad's sense of humor.
Calling Cream of Wheat porridge sounds so quaint...like they had some warm porridge in the cottage before noticing Goldilocks had eaten some.
Were you Goldilocks in the story?
I love your dad, a.k.a. Ansel. To me, he's pure mischief.
See, it wasn't just the porridge... it was the whole porridge experience- Steve O. decked out in the apron and chef's hat, toiling over the steaming pot of porridge, so proud of his accomplishment... It literally taught me to take pride in every little thing I do.
I'll wear my last place ribbon like a badge of honor.
Post a Comment