My husband recently made a trip to Salt Lake City. I've mentioned before how things seem to happen to him that otherwise bypass the ordinary man or woman. (Remember how he got hit on during one of our dates... by another man?)
Anyway.
While he was waiting to catch his connecting flight into SLC, in true Utah style he counted no less than TWELVE babies preparing to ride on his flight. Twelve. Complete with strollers and carseats. And as luck would have it, he would also be travelling with a wheelchair basketball team.
Pre-boarding, anyone?
Sitting in the waiting area, they receive an announcement that there is a problem with the plane. An hour and a half later, they are finally loaded onto a different aircraft. What would someone do for an hour and a half, you might ask? How about watch the drunk lady pass out money to all the children! "Drunk lady?" you ask. "How Drunk Was She?!" Drunk enough to start trying to recruit male passengers to her mile high club! How's that for a punchline.
What? You're not joking?
What? She's sitting on people's laps? She's actually making out with one of them? They went WHERE? INTO THE FAMILY BATHROOM TOGETHER? Now none of the twelve moms of screaming babies who are out of Cheerios have a place to change their stinky diapers? Wow. Someone should do something about that.
Enter the flight crew. Diverted from what was supposed to be their last stop to now accompany my husband, 12 babies, the wheelchair basketball team AND the drunk lady on their new plane to SLC, this crew is not happy. Out of the bathroom saunters Ms. Miller Light. The flight crew gives her a once over, gets a briefing from my husband on her antics, and quickly decides she will not be riding with them.
In the end, he made it to his destination. Sometimes I'm jealous that I never have these kinds of entertaining experiences. But then I think about it, and I'm happy to live vicariously through him.
You are now free to fly about the country.
12 comments:
Shut. Up.
Seriously.
He could write his own soap opera!
EWWW on the drunk lady...
I want a NAME, and a NUMBER.
That is insane. I'm glad my flights are noneventful.
That is HILARIOUS!! At least the poor guy had some kind of entertainment!
Isn't it illegal to be drunk on an airplane or something like that? Unless you own the plane of course. Give the pilot a scotch on the rocks would ya? ;)
That's just crazy! How did drunk lady make it past security?! And now I'm really rethinking ever using the family bathroom again...
Please oh please say that Skip will keep the extreme entertainment for HIS flights. With one brother and his family AND my parents and sister preparing to fly into SLC, I'm now crossing my fingers (and eyes, and toes, legs...any body part that crosses) that they get "boring, normal" flights. My flight though, I could use a laugh or 2. I'll be keeping my eyes out for those tipsy travelers and the family bathrooms. LOL.
Personally I'm glad that they have start-a-family bathrooms available for encounters such as these.
Nasty.
If a person tried to make up a story about their adventures I dont' think they could come up with something as bizarre as the things that actually keep happening to him.
I so loved your parting line.
To be fair, there were only 11 babies. I counted the guy that the drunken woman was with because I thought he was breast-feeding. In addition, her name was not Ms. Miller Light; because I am sure she was neither less filling or tasted great. I think she was more of an Olde English 800 type of girl.
I'm confused- was the Mile High Club initiation conducted in the Airport? Because Salt Lake City sits at about 4300 feet, so the joke is on that guy- he's not in the club.
UNREAL. And, on our last plane trip, I was contemplating the Mile High club and came to the exact same conclusion about the sickness of doing it in that bathroom. Blech.
Post a Comment