Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My John Denver moment... Take Me Home...

See these ladies? Recognize them? It's Annie, Brittany, and Liz (aka Calibosmom). They are the East Coast blogging crew... the northeast coast, that is. And since I was in this neck of the woods, I got to hook up with them! I knew Brittany growing up in Boston, and then she moved to California. She knew Paige and Heather D, which is how I ended up linking into all this blogging insanity in the first place. We had a fantastic time. I guess I should only speak for myself, but I had a fantastic time. I laughed so hard, I even cried a little, and it was wonderful. As crazy as it seems to "meet" people online, I have made some wonderful friends and found many women I have lots in common with. I'm glad to get to know them in real life, and truly call them friends.



I spent a couple days in Massachusetts. This is Marji, and her husband Neal. I have known Marji since I was about four or five years old. She is my oldest friend, and just like my sister. We grew up right next door to each other. When I would get grounded, she would go into her parents' room, where the window faced mine, and we would write notes back and forth and hold them up to the window. We would send secret flashlight messages across the way at night. Not that we could understand them, but it was fun.





I love the East Coast. I love everything about it. I spent so much of my life here and it will always feel like home to me. There are so many people- my friends, family friends, teachers, old ward members... you name it- and seeing them is refreshing for my soul. There is much to be said for people who have known you at your worst and still love you; those who have seen you at your best and are proud of you; those who have cried and laughed with you for years and years. I wish I had time to see everyone while I was here, but there is never enough time.

Tomorrow... off to North Carolina! It's a really great summer for me this year.

10 comments:

Ilene said...

It's a blog world after all.

So my brother lives in Pennsylvania and he is thinking moving to Maryland. I was like, "Wow. You never hear of people actually living in Maryland."

He replies, "That's because you live out West."

I think both sides of the country forget about that "other" side. I still can not correctly locate or name the states on the Eastern US. Pathetic.

Tristan said...

You look really pretty and happy in that first picture! I am so glad that we are all apart of this crazy blog world!

I know what you mean about never having enough time to see everyone you want. I always feel that way whenever I go to Utah.

♥Shally said...

I grew to love the East Coast too...

Except the humidity.

THAT I can do without.

How fun to see old friends and be a WOMAN for a while instead of just a mommy.

Take me with you next time????

HILLARY said...

What a fun trip to take all by your lonesome, although, I don't think you're too lonesome.

By the way, love the liquor bottles behind you in the restaurant! Was that for later ????

gab said...

I am only slightly bitter about being left out of the NE blog party. Especially since you met at a bar.

Anna said...

Wow, you are having a great time! Annie and I were in the Billerica ward at the same time. She is amazing so I can imagine you two get along fabulously. You know, Virginia is just north of NC.

Christie said...

I am so jealous that you got to meet Annie - one of my all-time favorite people ever. As Anna mentioned, we were all in the same ward together. Fun, fun times.

P.S. Will you hit up Bedford Farms Ice cream just for me? Order the Green Monster. You will not be sorry.

Heidiram said...

Shall we play the "Do you know" game now or later? I think you might have been in our stake or the neighboring stake when I was a nanny back in Warwick, Rhode Island.

calibosmom said...

That was so surreal! You know what was most interesting? Hearing your voices. Of course, I had a head cold and was totally nasal. I normally don't sound that whiney. It was really cool to meet you guys! PS SO sorry for the broken clasp...my husband would have been at the pool in a flash (for a flash).

diane said...

So cool that you got to meet the east coast crew!