This is Celia. As you can clearly see by the bangs and the dyed-to-match shoes, we went to prom around the same time in our lives. Read her post for a hilarious numerical breakdown of the event. I went with Skater Shane, who was actually a really cool kid. He was one of my favorite friends. The hair has lost its cool factor, but who am I to talk with my 4 inch bangs?
In the name of keeping fond memories alive, let's take a look back at some of the other special moments that made prom night so special...Ah, the matching outfits. It's too bad one of the other boys couldn't have gone with the black jacket as well, so there could've been a little more fabric for girl #1's dress.

Remember worrying about whether or not your date would expect some play at the end of the night? Well, it wasn't just us ladies. Guys worried too. Enter BIG BROTHER GHOST. By the looks of things here, brotha will be gettin a WHOLE LOTTA prom night lovn. Coming to mind is the phrase "I'm gonna eat you alive." And I'm pretty sure he's nervous.
Prom was a really tough time if you were pregnant... well, I mean, I imagine it could've been. But apparently not- don't be ashamed of those stretch marks! You got knocked up... say it loud, say it proud! At least we know who WON'T be getting pregnant on prom night.
Did you know i went to high school with Dennis Rodman? This is where he first got the idea to get dressed up in bridal apparel. We all started somewhere, right? Particularly eye-catching is how his arm lattice compliments that on her midriff. and thigh. and chest.

Remember the excitement of shopping for just the right hair accessory? The thrill of getting a new bra? Ah, good times. Good times.
I don't really know for sure, but some people have told me that if you don't wear the right dress, you sometimes worry about your cleavage popping out while you're dancing. Now THAT would be embarassing.
The manis, the pedis... it was a special night! We got pampered!
And of course, we all worried about getting our hair done. Up-do? Down and curled? Down and straight? Helicopter? There were so many choices.
Yeah, prom was a special time for all of us.





21 comments:
It took me until about the 5th picture to realize...wait a minute....she didn't really go to prom with these people. I was wondering if you went to High School in a strip club.
Oh my, my, my. You really are lonely aren't you?
Wowza! Where did you get all these photos?!?!? Scary. My favorite is still yours though. You really had the bangs and hair down. It's awesome.
Wow! I am speechless. The toenails are going to give me nightmares!
After laughing I threw up a little bit in my mouth.
I nearly fell off my chair laughing!! Where do they come up with these outfits?!?
Loved your prom picture, and I think your date's hairdo is coming back in style. Heaven help us!
I love the ghet-toes. Perfect for picking up socks and underwear from the floor without bending over.
I don't want to know how many photos you had to go through to narrow it down to these winners.
I'm particularly impressed with your boquet of flowers. I totally got hosed. I just had a corsage.
Doug Clark is ACTUALLY my best friend- she must be signed in as her husband. Man. What a creeper.
I don't want your hubby to come home, because then your funny funny comments to me will significantly lessen.
Shane is rad. Way better than Dane. And his Converse are so cool.
Now, as for your hot pink dress with the not so matchy shoes...too bad about those. Otherwise you are too cute.
I need one of those checkered outfits. With tiara.
I like your Dynasty style sleeves and his converse!
Okay, for some reason, your blog has not shown up on my reader for like FOREVER. I thought you were not posting. I only found you because Gabi mentioned in a comment on Celia's about YOUR prom post. And I thought, whaaaa? I am now mad to discover all these weeks of Andrea I have missed. Please don't think I was ignoring you! Sheesh, you're one of my favs.
And the worst of these? The pregnant prom dress. Digusting.
Oh my!
I never went to prom. I guess I should be glad now. But I married a guy that was once the cool skater kid.
I am still laughing. Way funny. I'm gonna have Lanie read this one. You got da gift when it comes to blogging. Love ya.
Winner of Funniest Post of the Day: you.
(And your four inch bangs went up, his went down.)
Ok, this might just be my favorite post. That preggers dress takes the cake! Oh my, I am laughing hysterically...can you please move back to Boston?
I can't believe there are really pictures out there like that. I too am a fan of the converse.
Those pictures are too much! I love how you did dye your shoes, though Celia didn't.
I'd like to thank you in advance for the nightmares I will have tonight.
The sad thing is that some of those dresses were pretty much like what some of our girls wore to the Prom.''
I'm gonna git me some ghet-toes tomarrah.
Thank you. Thank you. That was the best laugh I've had in a long time.
Oh my heaven's sake... Where did you find that amazing slice of Americana? And I remember your prom with SA well. I remember that photo was precious to you, but maybe it was because you looked so hot in your dress..
Post a Comment