My kids have been in bed for 2 hours. I have read every blog I am familiar with, checked my email, looked at the dishes, and glanced at the washing machine. I can't sleep when he's gone, and it's only 9:pm.
WHAT AM I GONNA DO FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT???
Truth be told, one thing I am looking forward to is the fact that I get to sleep with my rabbit.
He has been everywhere with me. Mission to 3rd world country, many college dorms, family vacations... you name it. ALAS... my husband finds it offensive and repulsive. He is not at all enthused about my sleeping with Sam. So I don’t.
The pathetic statement about my life is that not only can I find nothing productive to do this evening, but the highlight will be sleeping with a stuffed rabbit wearing no pants and a yellow sweater.
Another reason my night is pathetic? We’ve been watching the show LOST on dvd. I am eerily hooked on it. Obsessed, actually. We just started season 2 the other day, and I feel literal physical withdrawals when I have to turn it off. Skip asked me to wait until he got home so we could watch them together. And I keep walking over to the TV to just go ahead and watch it. I refrain, but feel like a traitor in my heart.
And lastly, my night is pathetic because when Skip is away, I like to send him zesty little pictures of his wife. It reminds him why he should hurry home. Exhibit A:
p.s. I finished this entry in about 15 minutes. I went to post, and my internet had gone down. I spent the next hour and 40 minutes on the phone with a tech, who eventually said there’s an outage in my area. So I had to save the post to a Word document. I couldn’t even post a blog tonight. Pathetic.
11 comments:
you are too funny. I do the same howver with my husband when he's away... pics as to why he should come home. Knowing that I can make him smile even when he's far away makes me smile as well. okay that sounded way mushy, but you know what I mean.
ANd I am the same... kids asleep, hubby gone... what the heck am I supposed to do with myself? Clean? Umm, no.
Andrea next time you can't sleep I think you should rotate your food storage, update your inventory list, and plan 2 or three meals for the coming week to help you use some of those items that have been forgotten...like pinto beans. You will feel so good about yourself and your family will appreciate your resourcefulness. J/K
Although, you do look very pretty.
Seriously, Why are you posting your seductive naughty pictures online. What do your parents think of this?
I'm just glad you cropped the picture.
T-
i was thinking it was more cute than seductive. thanks for that. now i feel like i should shower, so i can look "seductive".
when are you gonna post about the snuggle rag?
You crack me up. I can't sleep when my hubby is gone either. So, I recruit the kids to sleep with me. Yeah, like they are going to protect me if the boogie man comes while my hubby is gone. I also recruit my oldest son to stay up late and play games like Phase 10, Dominoes,etc.
It was on one of those pathetic nights that my husband was on call that I found your blog! Good things can come out of "boredness"!! :)
That was a hilarious post...so real!
And you DID have something to do...you got to chat with the tech...maybe he'd like to see your zesty picture?
I'm so sorry about your pathetic boring night but it was funny to me. And I love Sam... but I can see how your husband wouldn't (o:
Will not leave rude Sam + batteries comment.
I'm trying to think of something funny that I can say about your non-zesty picture, without you kicking me in the boys next time you see me. Help a brother out here.
Post a Comment