Monday, January 14, 2008

why ovenmitt romney will win the election

good morning world! it's a REALLY GREAT YEAR for boston sports fans... which includes me. if you are from boston, you are a winner. it's all things soxceltspats. if you're not a betting man (or woman), you should be one just this year, because you CAN'T GO WRONG!!
in case you live in a bubble, or are just one of those people who aren't into sports (which could lessen the amount of love i have for you) here's the skinny:
world series champs. killer line-up like josh beckett, david ortiz, manny ramirez, jonathan papelbon. they even have a guy named coco crisp. how can you not love a man named after a breakfast cereal? that just screams family fun. they played solid baseball, with a few nailbiters followed by a series sweep. that is awesome.

oh baby. they won every game in the regular season. 16-0. nice. they are division champs, likely to beat the san diego chargers to become the AFC champs... and then it's on to the superbowl. i'm fairly certain there will be a perfect season all around. belichick was overly-villified, thus spawning what has been called his "middle finger tour through america." he turned his whipping boy status into continual victory. and tom brady is so hot.


i cannot even begin to tell you what this means to me. i have been a celtics fan since my mother weaned me off the little green bottle. my life's regret is that i can only watch bob cousy or johnny havlicek in black and white ESPN classics. imagine going to a game back when basketball was more than glorified street ball? i caught the tail end of real basketball... just say "bird, mchale, ainge, parrish, dj" and the heavens open up into chorus sublime. that's what i grew up on. anyway. this season, they are #1 in the NBA. no one is even close to their record so far. odds of them winning the NBA championship? all my $.

so. ovenmitt. what does this have to do with him? first of all, i really want to know what's up with his name. mitt? baseball mitt? ovenmitt? that's all i ever think of. but i digress. we all know he's stepping into the running from what golden city? boston. check out these pictures:



while the last one doesn't show him in celtics apparel, he is standing in the garden, home of the celtics. (i hate corporate sponsorship. it will always be THE GARDEN to me. not the fleetcenter, or the banknorth garden...) anyway. ovenmitt is coming from boston. he has kissed the blarney stone of boston sports teams. i haven't decided who to vote for yet this year, but it doesn't really matter. ovenmitt is from boston, so he will probaly win.

11 comments:

♥Shally said...

Zach (my hubby) played in Cleveland with Coco. Nice guy.

Gotta love it when your teams are winning! We are Cleveland fans-- next year is their year...

Suzie Petunia said...

Ovenmitt. I like it. But I just can't get past the fact that he's a mormon. They have horns, you know? And lots and lots of wives.

Jessica said...

Fond memories abound of that skinny Larry Bird in those little 80s b-ball shorts. I was raised on the Celtics as well.

Go Mitt.

lisamarie said...

he's definitely following the Red Sox method. If he pulls off Michigan and a few other wins to get him in the finals, he might end up with a sweep. It'll be interesting to see if your theory plays out....

Paige said...

Not sure if you know this, but ovenmitt is Republican so he ain't winning.

calibosmom said...

Good luck Mitt-he is very "Michigan" right now. I think it would be great if he won but I'm a little worried that the mitt is going to fall short of a home run. Being an East Coast girl-you know where my heart is (with the sports I mean). Red Sox ROCK! Pats are Perfection and Celtics (sorry haven't been watching but I hear they are cruisin'!

L and T said...

You should have known that you can't shake me loose for very long (twelve years isn't very long is it?) Looks like you are doing great with your good lookin' family. You are always welcome to barge in on my blog and surf around, especially if you are willing to drop a comment from time to time. eu ainda falo portuguese as vezes, ate logo
Travis

Heidiram said...

So funny that you wrote a post about this. I was just wondering whether or not you were a Romney fan.

I still haven't decided who I am going to vote for, but I have decided who I am NOT going to vote for.

Travelin'Oma said...

I've never voted for a Republican president, but then I've never personally known a candidate before. I'm crossing over for your Boston Boy.

brittany said...

you are brilliant! I love this. I am such winnah! and i voted for mitt:)

Christie said...

Where did you live in Boston? We lived in Bedford and Concord for six years. I loved every wicked minute of it. It was wicked awesome. God love ya.