so i came clean with my husband about blogapalooza. i had only mentioned wanting to go to womens conference with my very best girlfriend ever, but i thought he would find me weird or ridiculous for wanting to meet fellow bloggers in real life. so i avoided mentioning that part. last night i was regaling him with stories of my sordid teenage years, when lying and sneaking were a way of life. this morning, it hit me... i'm still a teenager.
i couldn't bear the shame of it, so i emailed him and told him all about my desire to meet these interesting women i've encountered in blogland. he was, of course, fabulously supportive. i threw in the part about one of them being a speaker at womens conference, so she obviously isn't a 54 year old male pervert. it went well.
so. now i can officially get excited. i'm going to travel. i get to fly kid-free. favorite part of that? the little moment when you step into the dark airplane bathroom , close the door, and slide the "occupied" latch. what happens? the lights come on, as if someone is throwing you a surprise party! sometimes i even yell "surprise!" to enhance the experience. maybe this time i'll throw myself some confetti. after all, i have a lot to celebrate- a few days without kids, time with my best girlfriend, spiritual enlightenment, and meeting a bunch of great cyber friends and turning them into real friends. i think there will also probably be good food involved. best part- a really great husband who backs me and wants me to do things that will make me a better person... even if sometimes that doesn't include him. thanks for understanding baby... i love you!
i should bring him back a good souvenir from provo, utah. any suggestions?
10 comments:
Lingerie and confetti. Surprise!!!
Sometimes growing up takes baby steps. But this was a big one. You realized what you were doing and faced it. It do that to sometimes. Why are we afraid our husbands will say no? I mean they are supposed to love us and encourage us. I think you should bring him back a spiritually, emotionally, & fun filled wife. What more could a loving husband ask for ?
I haven't flown without kids for a LONG time. I would like the "surprise party"! You should totally take confetti. Maybe evena a party hat or something. One of my kids always has to come with me whenever I use the bathroom. Even at home-- I get no privacy. Try doing your thing while holding a baby in one of those airplane bathrooms. Takes talent for sure.
I think I am going to go to blogapalooza... I feel a little lame and desperate since I don't know anyone, but I have a few months to get over that, right? :)
You do have a good husband. I will have to think about the souvenir.
I am actually starting to get a little excited about the whole thing (really, it's hard to get excited about much these days). But I'm so glad you are coming. We for sure will have to have our discussion.
I want to go! me too, me too!
The truth of the matter is that my life hase been blessed by having Andrea as my wife. If whe wants to have a party the plane I say POTTY ON!As far as souvenir think 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X.
We'll have to coordinate plane tickets, it would be fun to have extra time to talk!
I like the new pics of your kids. I haven't told my husband. I just put it on my calendar and hope he notices. Good growing up, maybe I'll try it with my next husband. HA HA. Kidding.
Me and Paige sometimes joke that the only people we can keep secrets from is our husbands. I'm trying to change due to your fine example.
Now I have to go see who Shally is.
I am so excited to meet you at Blogapalooza! I'm making the rounds to a few blogs I don't know well, and I am so happy to have found you. No, Marty is not a 54-year-old male pervert (thank goodness, she's my mother-in-law!) and it will be a really great weekend. See you in May!
Post a Comment