Ohhhh...what a night. Remember back in March when we went to see Taj Mahal at the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival? Remember how much I loved it? Well we went last night, because he was in town. Our table was literally right next to the stage. I made eye contact with all 3 from the Trio throughout the entire show. Of course I gave them plenty of winks and thumbs up to let them know I appreciated their performance. I took this picture before the show, while trying to get the settings right on my camera so as not to interrupt the music with my flash. And then, horror of horrors, the emcee comes out and says "Please no flash photography... I mean actually, NO PHOTOGRAPHY AT ALL during the show." I of course planned to ignore his request, but my husband was mortified and "strongly encouraged" me to put my camera back in my bag. I didn't want to ruin our night together, so I tried to be respectful of his wishes that I be compliant to house rules, but it KILLED me. Seriously. KILLED.ME.
I swiped this picture off Google images, because it is exactly like the ones I would've taken, without even using a zoom, had I been "allowed" to use my camera. We were that close.
But because I love this man more than I love taking pictures of Taj Mahal, I showed restraint. My goal was to get a photo with Taj last night; since that didn't happen, I forced this guy to pose with me instead.
When the show was over, the Trio had to pass right in front of our table to exit. I was thrilled to be able to tell each one of the guys "GREAT SHOW! THANKS FOR PLAYING!" and have them reply with "THANK YOU. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ANDREA." Well, okay, the part where they called me by name is probably made up, but in my heart and in my head, I really heard it.
Take a listen, and then go download some Taj Mahal Trio. (Taj Mahal is the singer and main guitarist. He has a bassist and a drummer, who are exceptionally talented as well, and together they form the Taj Mahal Trio.) He has won 2 Grammys, and his music is just plain fun. I have a mini-crush on him, but I'm going to settle for adopting him as my Grandpa. Then at our family reunions, I can take all the pictures of him that I want.
I thought the whole point of this post was that you wanted to BE adopted and I was getting my phone ready to be the first to volunteer to be your new family. Imagine my disappointment that it's some old geezer you want to adopt. I am heartbroken.
PS. I just want to make it clear, if you need to be adopted at anytime in the future, we're all in.
However, we have been known to eat Sloppy Joes and have a big brick of Velveeta in our fridge. And about 6 12 packs of soda in the garage, and just in case....I have chocolate that I canned three years ago for my food storage. Do you think chocolate chips store well in aluminum cans for 3+ years?
Taj Mahal is new to me. I'm checking them out now. Really, I am so lame when it comes to music. I don't anyone current (and by current I mean post 1965) and I never know what to buy. Someday you'll have to help me out with this, you know, since you're an expert.
7 comments:
Bummer about the "no photography" rule! Everyone takes pics and video at concerts!
Love the photo of you 2. Such a great couple! And again, love that jacket!
I thought the whole point of this post was that you wanted to BE adopted and I was getting my phone ready to be the first to volunteer to be your new family. Imagine my disappointment that it's some old geezer you want to adopt. I am heartbroken.
PS. I just want to make it clear, if you need to be adopted at anytime in the future, we're all in.
However, we have been known to eat Sloppy Joes and have a big brick of Velveeta in our fridge. And about 6 12 packs of soda in the garage, and just in case....I have chocolate that I canned three years ago for my food storage. Do you think chocolate chips store well in aluminum cans for 3+ years?
I love that Jenibelle.
I read and listened yesterday but got called away from the computer. My sweet little John was totally on one, I'm telling ya.
I think you showed an amazing amount of restraint...great job putting the camera away. I can see why you want to be adopted.
Love the picture of the two of you. You are a great looking couple.
Your coat is CUTE.
Thanks for posting this. I know Roland would like this music.
Taj Mahal is new to me. I'm checking them out now. Really, I am so lame when it comes to music. I don't anyone current (and by current I mean post 1965) and I never know what to buy. Someday you'll have to help me out with this, you know, since you're an expert.
Post a Comment