Sunday, September 5, 2010

Professional Chit Chat.

So. I'm slowly getting started doing some photography in the new town. Sometimes I feel weird when I say "Oh, I'm a photographer! I'd love to do your newborn shots!" Because, really, am I? I'm actually a teacher. That's where I find my professional identity. I feel like I'm more of "someone who happens to own a camera" than an actual, certifiable "photographer." Anyway. I did just that... I met a cute pregnant couple and told them those exact words, and after the baby was born recently, they contacted me... and here's a few of the highlights. Now maybe she'll end up in my 2nd grade class one day, and validate me again professionally.

*And p.s. Yeah, she just gave birth. And could she look any more fantastic? I literally jaw dropped when she walked in the room. If I hadn't seen her pregnant, I wouldn't believe it.


















14 comments:

MamaMags said...

CERTIFIABLEY... Awesome pictures. Looks like a pro to me, and we all know how MUCH my opinion counts. I think you may have found a 2nd career. Great job.....

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Nice photos, Dre! You're a professional photographer in my book.

Lisa-Marie said...

You ARE a photographer. And a darn goo done at that!

beautiful.

Brynne said...

Those pictures prove that you are in fact, a photographer, among the many other hats you wear! Those are awesome!

Lauren in GA said...

Those pictures are fabulous, Andrea. I agree, that Mama is beautiful and so is that sweet little baby girl. I love the one with Mama holding her daughter and that sweet little baby is looking right at the camera. You are really talented. They are all lovely photos.

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

YOu can come take our pictures anytime!!!

Christie said...

Honey, you are what defines you. You ARE a photographer. Now get over that fact and make a billion bucks shooting pictures already!

They are beautiful. Good job!

katyvee said...

NICE. I'm a sucker for Daddy/baby shots. Side note.. have you seen the newer movie, The Jones's.. with Demi Moore? (PROBABLY not cause I'm pretty sure they showed a boob.. and it's not THAT awesome. I mean, the movie.. not the boob.) ANYWHO.. they have these great huge black and white shots of the family members on the walls of the house that would be SO fun to do if you were a photographer.. like yourself.. cause you are, indeed, a photographer.
Might be worth renting at the Redbox to chek out. (The photos come before the boob.)

lisamarie said...

Love it! You're doing great - keep it going sister. You are a creative genius so I'm pretty sure you've nothing to worry about.

smoochiepoo

Lauren in GA said...

I keep thinking about this post. I actually love how you approached that adorable couple and laid it all out there. I guess after that photo shoot you are a bonified professional.

Lauren in GA said...

uh, I meant bonafide...I think I spelled that incorrectly.

jessica said...

You have definitely earned that title. You are fulfilling one of my dreams. I bought a fancy pants camera a couple of months ago but returned it after three days and got the newer model of my old camera...still nice but not a photographers camera. I just felt silly owning such a nice one. The time and work it would take me to be official didn't seem like I could do it. So yay for you friend! You can come take our pics any day!

heidiram said...

Wow. The pictures are amazing. You are a photographer . . . living in a 2nd grade teacher's body.

cgmiller63 said...

Beautiful job. I especially liked the baby feet picture. I wish you could have done Savannah's baby pictures.