Monday, September 13, 2010

Getting the REAL Story...

So maybe you've read this story by now. I can hardly stand it. This woman calls herself a sports reporter. I use the term loosely. Let's put all the cards on the table right up front, shall we? She's an attractive woman. She has a smoking hot body, she's blond, and she has perfectly straight, white teeth. Her assets are all well stocked, and frankly, we can't hate her because of that.
Here's the thing. If she wants to be a sports reporter, her physical appearance shouldn't really keep her from doing so. But if she wants to be taken seriously, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say THIS is not the way to accomplish it:
Yeah, she was doing a story on the before and after of a particular GNC supplement, right? Right. Ms. Ines Sainz is the kind of woman that causes even the most secure wife to tighten her grip on her man's arm. (Maybe almost as tight as that tape measure...) I have a lot of respect for legitimate female sports reporters. They are clawing their way through a man's world. They have a passion for sports, and they can hold their own with most men in a serious discussion. I never really feel like Hannah Storm or Cheryl Lewis are slipping players their number on the side. I feel like they are thrilled with the game, and want to tell me all about it in their coverage. In all fairness, I have never heard Ms. Sainz cover a sporting event. But if this is how she shows up dressed for work, I'm guessing her "coverage" is fairly limited.
I'm not saying it's ever okay to sexually harass anyone, for any reason. But I AM saying that if you roll around in crack cocaine for awhile, some junkie somewhere is gonna try and smoke you. If this woman wants to be a respected sports reporter, she should dress in a professional manner, and quit flirting with the players.

Where was the team management when this woman showed up at the locker room? Who bothered to step in and say "hey, we need a dress code here." Better yet, why are reporters, male or female, even allowed inside a locker room? This situation was brewing from the get go, and I feel the management is just as much at fault for allowing her into the locker room as she is for walking her unprofessional self up in there. I can't wait to see where this one goes... and what she wears should she get her day in court. I'm betting for one day, the label says "Liz Claiborne" instead of "Applebottom."

17 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

All of your points are spot on. I agree with every word...and literally laughed out loud when I read the part about the junkie.

Correct me if I am wrong...but I rarely see male sportscasters on the sidelines anymore. Not unless they are accompanied by an attractive woman. My uncle says that women sportscasters only get the job because the sportscasting team has to have a token female. Do you agree? I will say though that all of the women I have seen on the sidelines manage to look professional and are taken seriously. Ms. Sainz looks like she bumrushed the field and is about to be dragged off because she isn't where she is supposed to be. I am jealous of her rear end, though.

Christie said...

Women like that drive me crazy. Go back to high school, little cheerleader. The rest of us already grew up.

katyvee said...

She may be hot.. but those are some bum-ugly tanktops. (I say if you're gonna flaunt it.. flaunt it in cuter stuff.. for instance.. back pockets on your jeans.)
You're rolling in crack analogy made me laugh. I imagined some junkie trying to snort it off my forearm...

Annemarie said...

Yea, she's something.

Welcome football season and all of the lovliness that comes with it. Gag.

Anna said...

Yea, but I bet she has a sweet spirit.

martha corinna said...

A woman's body is used to sell absolutely everything. One of the biggest offenders is football. It's just not a game without a whole lot of T & A right?

Everyone makes fools of themselves.

Do I sound old yet?

Kimberly said...

I can't get past the rolling in crack cocaine comparison :)

Tristan said...

I'm not fully understanding this story so I'll have to go google it. If she was sexually harassed, she clearly brought it on herself. I do think that she is not dressed professionally, but I don't think she needs to wear ugly pant suits to do her job either.

Very interesting. Cuz I'm a huge football fan and I would probably dress sexy/cute/professional if I were doing her job. But not like I was the high school bicycle.

Brynne said...

I just saw this story this morning and was quite disgusted by it. These are men you are around, when you wear clothes as tight as that and have your shirts low enough that your boobs are right there staring back at them--you ARE going to get noticed and there WILL be comments. Apparently that's just the kind of attention she's looking for. She has plenty of pics posted online, even on her own website, wearing sexy tiny little things. Who are you trying to kid, sister? Don't go posing as a "sports caster" when what you really want is a lingerie or swimsuit modeling gig. The fact that she pretends not to notice what effect this will have on men floors me--does anyone NOT see right through it? She was saying on the Today Show this morning that she just wants to look attractive. Bullcrap, I say! I think you can be attractive and professional at the same time, apparently she doesn't.

Anna, your comment cracked me up!

Ilene said...

I really have no opinion of her or the situation. It kind of seems like a publicity stunt. If not, then I hope she learns her lesson and learns to either choose coverage overr cleavage and/or to carry pepper spray.

I will go out there and say this: I have a EXTREMELY difficult time with women calling sports. Either they have some nasty man voice or they are stuck on the sideline asking the most asinine questions all while flipping their long hair over their shoulders and tight fitting shirts. Of course there are some good women out there but there aren't many. Too often it seems that women on the sidelines were hired because of their looks and hair rather than actual sports reporting qualifications.

The sad thing is I was trying to google a few names to provide examples of legit (in my opinion) sports women. Sadly my search for 'ESPN female sports caster' turned up a page of links for 'the hottest', 'most banging' female sports casters. That is just plain sad. Even the bad female reporters can't be to blame for that blatant male chauvinism.

To be fair, there are plenty of male announcers I hate too. Like that basketball guy who wears the nasty suits. Or Dick Vitale. Or Lou Holtz... that speech impediment drives me bananas.

Desmond Howard can stay. Adorable beyond words and a great analyst. He is my new favorite announcer. So glad he joined the College Game Day crew. It will be interesting to watch if a woman could ever break into and hold her ground on that panel.

Ilene said...

Don't you love how I first wrote that I don't have an opinion on the matter?

Obviously I have one.

racing dawn said...

Just missing the boots with the fur... Hahaha - rolling around in crack cocaine. Perfect analogy. I'll be watching for the updates...

♥Shally said...

What a joke.

Seriously. JOKE.

Pretending she was all innocent! HELLO! Does she think people are going to believe her?

I am sure the wives love them interviewing their hubbys. :) I bet she asks riveting questions...

diane said...

This story has publicity stunt written all over it. She tweeted that she was uncomfortable...she's a twit.

The Prestwich's said...

Nice rack.

jessica said...

GAG me with a spoon!

calibosmom said...

Those jeans have GOT to be painted on! WOW! Next they'll be covering sports from the stripper pole mic-then a man really won't have to leave his couch.