
So we decided to have a party for New Year's Eve. Our kids are all gone, so we figured we'd try the grown-up thing. Surprisingly, we still remember how to interact with other adults when there is no Polly Pockets or Transformers theme involved.
First off, this guy was running the bar. And he did a very good job. So good, in fact, that he was a BIT paranoid about my intrusion as an attempted barmaid, and quickly shooed me away when I tried to start pouring drinks. Jeeze. Some people.
A couple of Blokes got together and played an intensely "scientific" (right Mel?) game of strategy. Notice the men in deep thought as the youngest party guest takes his turn.
The night got crazy when the tin man showed up...
...along with his slightly confused tin man friend.

We had this brilliant idea to buy party hats. We figured no one would wear them because, well, they look so stupid. Everyone wore them. And suddenly, we wondered just how rude it would be if the hosts declined the "stupid" look.
*Note our friend Mark in the shirt and tie, very overdressed for the party. He is the bishop of our church, and in spite of his "explanation" that he had come straight from a youth dance, we realize that frankly, he just doesn't know how to dress down anymore. Honestly, does he even own casual clothes???
We had a really super time, and at midnight I got to make out a little with this guy. I mean, really though, how much making out can you actually do with your bishop sitting next to you???
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
12 comments:
That last picture of the two of you is fantastic.
I am very happy for you that you still know how to party with out Transformers or Polly Pockets themes.
Do you mind that I am commenting on your blog? I figured it was better than just lurking. I just want to make sure.
I agree the last picture of you guys is awesome!
I miss adult only parties!! Glad you guys got to have one!
Wow! A grown up party...what is that?
Having friends over- i'm impressed!
Thanks for answering me back! You are a peach!
Jealous.
You look good on New Years Eve, I look like death at midnight.
I forgot to make out, sad.
I LOVE the last pic of the two of you. So so sweet.
And the tin man pic was pretty funny merely for the expression on his face.
Happy New Year!!
It is so fun to play grown up every once in a while, isn't it?
My luck, I would STILL step on Legos. :)
The only thing that would've made it better for you is if everyone was wearing tacky Christmas sweaters. you know you wanted to.
Way to branch out and be a grown up! And your bishop looks mighty young. Wowza. Poor guy.
I think the answer is yes, you can do a lot of kissing with the bishop there. Anything beyond first base though, not so much.
Looks like fun! I am so jealous you got a week alone! My sister clicked on your blog from my comments. She was laughing so hard. I love keeping up with you.
Post a Comment