Friday, June 10, 2011

A Story

Once there were two brothers, one thirteen, one eight. They shared a deep bond. The younger brother idolized his older brother, and rightfully so. The older boy went out of his way to make the younger one feel as though he were the most important kid in the world. He always had a kind word for his younger brother, and patiently took the time to help him when he struggled. He taught him to spiral a football, ride without training wheels, and use the backboard to make a basket. They were as close as two brothers could be.
And neither of them lived in my house.
We haven't even started summer vacation yet, and I'm already considering selling both to the gypsies. They are so snotty and impatient with each other. Their new thing is mimicking whatever the other says, using a deep yet whiny and obnoxious voice. THEY.ARE.DRIVING.ME.NUTS.
The end.

9 comments:

Tristan said...

Very similar situation here, but mine are my girls. They may spend the whole summer in their room.

Christie said...

So sorry. Want to come here and get away from it all?

Annemarie said...

AMEN!! I'm telling you..it's the ages. The summer punishment is moving HEAVY brick pavers from one side of the patio to the other every time they fight.

martha corinna said...

If you have a yard sale to sell them I will travel to include a few to sell myself. Let me know.

Robin said...

I vote for Annemarie's hard labor idea. You could probably get your entire yard landscaped. What about a fountain? A herb garden? Large boulders framing a perrenial garden? Ahh. the sound of working boys.

jessica said...

I grounded my girls last summer. They pretty much didn't have any play dates until they learned how to love each other. It turned out pretty good...hopefully we won't have a repeat this year.

Good Time Charlie said...

That is such an amazing coincidence. I have an almost exact same story in my house, except the characters are a boy and a girl. One of the children, the Red Headed little boy, seems to enjoy driving everyone, including the dog, insane. My husband is out of town, it was a day of one trial to the next. I told him my sanity will probably not be intact when he returns. HOW DO YOU DO THIS WHEN YOUR HUSBAND IS AWAY SERVING?????

Lauren in GA said...

I loved Annemarie's comment and how Robin expounded upon it.

I think I am going to demand some landscaping get done. Thanks, Robin!

You make me laugh. This story held a surprise ending for me. When I read, "And neither of them lived in my house." I knew it was gonna get hilarious.

Augusta, Georgia actually has a population of people that consider themselves gypsies. It is wild. Their children have lots of blood disorders and chromosomal problems as a result of inbreeding. They don't wear flowing skirts with lots of bracelets and pirate-like headwear. They actually bump up their hair (like a massive amount) and like to wear glitter and skinny jeans. They totally fascinate me. I told my sister about them and she said, "I guess all those years that you said that you are going to sell your kids to the gypsies could actually come true now that you live in Augusta." They won't accept my children though...they kind of keep to themselves. I did hear that they are looking for men though...for new blood lines to be introduced. I told Mike to be careful when he goes into North Augusta.

Brynne said...

I felt so much better once I got to the end of that first paragraph. I was feeling like I'd completely failed since I can't get my son to get anywhere near that ideal with his sisters. I would LOVE for my kids to have the kind of relationship you describe. I don't think it's humanly possible for my son--it might actually kill him to be the kind, role-model, unselfish child I conjure up in my mind. Oh well, he's a work in progress, and so am I!