Monday, June 13, 2011

List A and List B, Followed By Pictures

LIST A: What's Making Me Happy Right Now:



1. Summer break from grad school, after earning STRAIGHT A+ grades this semester. Nice.

2. Hearing my step kids say "I Love You, Andrea" and hug me.

3. My kids are still in school, so we're enjoying all those end-of-year activities together.

4. Out of this world ribs we made.

5. The thought of lots of travelling and visiting friends/family this summer.

6. BBQ's with friends.

7. Having so much fun with all our kids.


LIST B: What's Making Me Not Happy Right Now:


1. Only a few weeks until the deployment.

2. Observing certain dysfunctional families and trying to understand how to make them fit into our lives, when really I'm content pretending they don't even exist.

3. One of our children broke the filter on my best portrait lens. (and it wasn't the child you're thinking it was...) Now I have a problem.

4. Fighting with Newport News over $39.60 which I DO NOT OWE THEM but they insist that I do. I hate having to get fierce over the phone.

5. Watching my man recover from oral surgery and having pain and a limited diet. Totally not fun.


And now... some pictures:







4 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Ohhhhhhh, so much to comment on. I will start with the picture of the military ball...

YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the dress and I LOVE the makeup and hair!!! Tristan will be so pleased because you look DIVINE, daaaaaahlinggggg!

Congrats on straight A plusses!! You are awesome, my dear!

I love #2 on list A. So lovely.

List B has me overwhelmed. So much to be dealing with...as in MAJOR things to be dealing with...I guess I don't have to tell you twice, though, huh? So...I'll just focus on the happy things...

YOU LOOK FREAKIN' HOTTTTT IN THAT MILITARY BALL PIC!!!!

martha corinna said...

Oh, I like the picture. I want to go to a dance in a gown!

The thing about newport news made me laugh. I got in a fight with the post office yesterday over the phone. I had a phone fight with them last week as well, and last month and the month before that and...I think I save all the aggression I feel toward anyone I am supposed to be nice to and save it for poor Cathy at the post office.

jessica said...

Oh how I wish I could pretend dysfunction family members don't exist....

The end of school activities are KILLING me! I'm so not finding the joy it that.

Elizabeth said...

Oh you both look so proud and gorgeous in the ball pic. Your dress is perfect (sort of channelling Pippa too).