It is entirely possible that I have the best job in the world. I teach special ed in the 4th, 5th and 6th grade. I love it. Really, every morning I wake up and I am happy about where I will be spending my day. It is satisfying, rewarding, enjoyable, and still challenging enough to keep me motivated.
One of the side perks of my job is that we have an amazing school district, heavily influenced by the nearby university. Right now, the university is gearing up to host its annual international jazz festival. As part of that, we have a program titled "Jazz in the Schools." Today, this guy came and hosted an assembly for our students:
He had those kids so involved in music totally beyond their era. They were singing... on tune... stomping, clapping, hollering, and learning so much in the process. And I got paid to sit and enjoy it all. Tell me... can it get any better than that?
Today's Tunesday challenge: Go find some jazz, and just try not to move your body. You can't. You totally can't. So give up, and just get your groove on.
3 comments:
That is awesome! Jazz music can be a lot of fun, but it is definitely the best live. :)
Why, oh why did I stop taking piano lessons? To think I could be playing for your special ed. students. Man, that would be fun.
I kind of want to wear a beret and snap my fingers.
In truth, I have never really liked jazz...but his piano playing was very impressive and I did find myself bouncing my leg to this...so, maybe there is hope for me yet.
I liked hearing about your job. I love that you love it and I love that the visitor had your kids so involved in the music.
Post a Comment