I'm sure you all know by now that Mary has a new album out. I say album, but what I really mean is "songs available for download on cheap sites like mp3panda.com". I'm sure they don't make albums anymore, and does anyone really buy cd's still???
If you didn't catch her performance on the AMA's the other night, you missed out. Mary is Mary... kind of like Queen Latifah, she mixes just the right blend of thug and class. Her voice commands respect, and frankly, I am obsessed with her silky smooth mocha skin. IT IS FLAWLESS. How does she do it? I long to know.
Anyway. Stronger With Each Tear seems to be a nice compilation of tunes. My favorite by far, however, is this one called "I Am". No deep message in the song or anything. Just a super smooth set of vocals and piano, with a beat that makes ya head bounce. Enjoy.
15 comments:
The "kitchen" song is cool too - the "kitchen" is her man. clever. I heard it on NPR yesterday. I think i need this album.
Love me some Mary. Uh-huh!
You should be a music writer. (I am not sure what the job title would actually be, though) What I mean is, you should write music reviews because you explain things perfectly. When you wrote how, "Mary is kind of like Queen latifah, she mixes just the right blend of thug and class." I literally nodded my head in agreement.
So, right after I clicked on your blog, Little J-Dawg, as you call him, started whining for his lunch so I have been playing this song over and over for him while I shovel rice cereal into his mouth and sing to him how nobody is gonna treat him as good as I am.
I've not really heard her new album, but she is awesome. I mean, who doesn't love Mary J ???
I still buy cds. I love them and never want them to go away. the only time i download is if it is just 1 or 2 songs i want, which i enjoy the ability to do so greatly. mjb is gorgeous.
Love her. I second everything you said.
Love that Mary! She is so gorgeous!
Mary... Mary... Mary....
I agree. Mary is Mary- I love her Thug/Classy blend. Sometimes when I'm living my substitute teacher existence, I wish I was more like her.
Mary has not yet earned first-name-only status in the music world. I nead a surname please.
Happy back cracks me up!
Ms. Blige is good!
Oh Mary J BILGE... right. I like that one song she does. With the video, you know the one.
She is beautiful and I thought she was great on Idol. I'm liking that beach sweater too.
Have you noticed that Mary J and I have a very similar haircut. I love her.
I buy cd's. Probably because I don't know how to download anything onto my ipod. I struggle.
Post a Comment