Saturday, January 2, 2010

Racing All Over

We started off New Year's Eve with a family 5K in the morning. It was pretty cool. Two of my friends have started a foundation to provide caskets at no charge to families who lose a newborn. One of my friends designed the casket- it's amazing. But its patent is still pending, so it's all still hush-hush. As soon as it gets approved, I will do a huge post about how remarkable it all is, and I will probably ask you to donate to the cause. Very worthwhile.
Anyway. Skip came in first place in his age bracket, and Mika came in 2nd place in his group. I walked part of the way with Samie and Noe, and then their feet got super cold and we turned around and filled our roles as Race Photographer and Snack Eaters.























After the race, we drove to the city for First Night. It was tons of fun. Much smaller than the First Nights I grew up with in Boston. I liked the smaller crowds. Do you know why small crowds are great? Of course you do. But here's the reason I really liked the small crowd...


Look who I ran into! My Jessicas. Love them.

For more pictures and details on the festivities, please take a peek over here.

16 comments:

Tristan said...

I'm jealous!!

Annemarie said...

I am impressed on so many levels here...
1. the family run on New Year's day. SO COOL. Your kids will never forget that.
2. the reason for the run is just as you said, so worthwhile. What smart, caring friends you have.
3. this one I'm just flat-out jealous about. How great would it be to run in to either on of you ANYWHERE?!?

♥Shally said...

The Jessicas!! I am jealous.

I would have been a great photographer/treat eater with you, btw... :)

diane said...

It looks so cold but you look hot.

What a wonderful cause.

jessica said...

There is nothing yummier than an Andrea sandwich on New Years Eve!

Jessica said...

I look much better in your blog pictures...must be that new lens.

Love the idea behind that 5K. Keep us posted.

Moscow Monson's said...

Thanks for the picture of the plaques, I didn't get see them all done. I'm glad you guys had a great time in Spokane.

Ilene said...

Did you know I was in town this same night and thought longingly of you girls whilst I was sitting with my inlaws watching football?

Jake said...

Oooh! How cool.

Your Christmas letter was in the Top Ten around here...so funny.

p.s. We got our Zhou Zhou pets from my sister in law who manages a CVS in Phoenix. CVS bought rights or something. Do you have CVS in that part of the world?

Lauren in GA said...

You and the two Jessicas are so hott. You are like Charlie's Angels, or something.

That is such a wonderful cause. So many people will be blessed. I cannot imagine the pain of losing an infant.

That is so impressive that everyone in the family ran.

Anna said...

Sounds fun and you look great. You know, now B has bragging rights and could use that to his advantage. Taking 1st place in a 5K is typically worth 5 freebies.

Jenibelle said...

Feeling dumb...but what's a first night? I get that it's New Years Day, but what do you do?

Jessica said...

So I'm trying to steal your picture to put on my blog and I can't. Rude. Now I have to go over to Jessica's and get the less cute one.

queenieweenie said...

Lucky!!!

Steven Rosbach said...

Being me,I was about to ask about the Jessica with the red hat, but I see her b&w photo above with her HUSBAND, so I'm going to go back to hitting on the lesbian vegan until you find me some other hottie to make feel uncomfortable.

Hazen5 said...

A family 5k, that's awesome! Way to start the new year.