As you may or may not know, or may or may not care, my friend Happyback has recently broken up with Blogger to go out with Facebook. He misses Blogger though, and sent me this little clip so he could blog vicariously through me. It was his request for Tunesday. I couldn't say no.
As I watched this video, it raised some interesting questions and points of interest for me:
1. Do you or don't you know sign language?
2. Is your face actually made out of epoxy?
3. Do you realize that the reason you can "hear him as he prays" is that you are stalking him at a church???
4. There are words that rhyme with "go" other than just "know." Try "bimbo" or "DOH!" or "NO, NO, NO, please make the auditory torture stop!" Well, that last one doesn't really rhyme, but it conveys my exact sentiments.
5. Delta airlines called. They want their uniform back.
Please... feel free to chime in with your two cents. *Don't download this one.
On a more serious note, here is one that you SHOULD download. Don't know if you caught the Hope for Haiti telethon the other night. You may or may not be familiar with my thoughts on telethons. I overlook the things I dislike about them and try to see the greater good. This most recent one brought a very interesting mesh of genres. I LOVED the Bono/Rhiana/Jay-Z number. Also digged on Mary's (J.Blige, that is) gospel tune. I think my favorite, though, was this version of Lean On Me by Sheryl Crow, Keith Urban and Kid Rock. Who'da thunk? So downlaod this, instead of Pardon Me.
24 comments:
about a minute into the Pardon Me song, Cory asked if I was STILL listening to it. Horrified. pretty funny. Of course, Happyback is just contributing to her success having all of these people watch this awful video.
Crud. I teach some sign language to some primary songs I teach. I hope I don't look like that.
My voice probably sounds similar, though.
So who was faking their guitar playing? Didn't you see that backup guitarist behind Kid Rock in the dark? My bet is on Kid Rock. Too much of that bourbon he tells us to drink responsibly.
the best of homemade videos! she's like nails on a chalkboard.... maybe I should make a video and put it on utube! couldn't be any worse!
Oh my gosh, that sign language question is awesome.
You kill me. Seriously, that song might kill me. What was that? And the airplane? And the deer? I'm baffled. Do you think she got a recording contract?
Love the trio and that arrangement of Lean on Me. I don't care for Kid Rock, he's a puny, scruffy looking guy. I saw him at Walter Reed Hospital one day visiting the injured troops. But his voice does round out the trio well.
All I have to say is Keith Urban is yummy :)
I couldn't concentrate on the 2nd song because the audio was like a half a second behind.
I had to close my eyes and then I enjoyed it. :)
I also think it helped not to look at Kid Rock. Love his voice, but his face? Not so much.
That was rude...
Thanks a lot, there's 3:50 I'll never get back! With those hand motions she'd make a great primary chorister!
I'mactually still seeing Blogger on the sly every few weeks. Don't tell Facebook, ok? Cause we have a good thing going on.
By the way, about that song? Pardon me.
Uh...Happyback meant that first song as a joke, right? I think she is trying to look like she is giving the instructions that a flight attendant gives on each flight (seat belt, oxygen mask, how to proceed to exits in case of emergency). Your comments were hilarious. I don't think I could chime in with much else.
I liked the second song a lot. Does Sheryl Crow age?
That chick has some scary long nails.
Justin Timberlake's Hallelujah gave me chills.
Oh My & Oh WOW!
What about Jenifer Hudson's "Let it be?" That was my fave.
did I tell you I won U2 tickets the other day? well, i did.
Kid Rock is hot. I'm 100% serious. I do, however, wish he'd wash his hair.
I always discover singers about 20 years into their careers. Right now I'm totally into Sheryl Crow. I've never heard of Keith Urban or Kid Rock. Who's who? Maybe I'll check them out in 2015. This song was so perfect for the telethon. It makes me feel so united with the world.
Even though I don't know HappyBack, I've always liked his comments. His stock just went up again with that song choice. My wife especially loves it when I've got it playing. Yes, I've played it more then once. How can you not?
Just to let everyone know, YouTube and similar websites are blocked here in Turkey, so I had to go to Herculean efforts to procure this clip of musical ecstacy for Khandrea's little blog following here.
TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Wow. Pardon Me, but that was absolutely terrible. That voice! That music video is a serious self-esteem boost.
I wanna send you some vegan treats.
Nice Lean on Me. The audio and video were out-of-sync and so I had to listen without looking to keep my head from exploding.
Trinity, hand deliver the vegan treats. I'll take you out for some lamb kebabs.
More questions:
1. is the hair white, blond or gery?
2. did she write it herself?
3. does she do her own nails?
4. how can i make one like this?
AH, I LOVE the 'Lean on me' song you posted. I only caught the last few minutes of the telethon and I was bummed. I love Sheryl, Kid and Keith. So much so that it's by first name basis.
p.s.
I admit I didn't watch the first video the first time around. I was a little scared. But all the comments had me intriqued.
Is it just me or does it seem like that song should have been on Napolean Dynamite? What with the funky organesque playing and all. I think LaFonduh would have enjoyed it.
I feel the love oozing from the screen. Wait, that must me my tears of joy.
Post a Comment