My Christmas letter is written. No DVD this year. Last year's was so long, you are probably still watching it. The family picture is printed and tucked along with said letter into an envelope. Your name may even be on one of my envelopes! (I know, I know. Contain yourselves...) I have used my adorable and free St. Jude's Hospital return address labels to identify the red envelops as being from me.And now what? They sit on my nightstand, holiday cheer not spread too far. What key component am I missing here? The stamps. Yes, the stamps. Call me a Scrooge if you will, but I refuse to go to the post office. Have you seen the lines there? I get out of work around 4:00 every day. We usually have about an hour's worth of errands to run... with three kids in tow. Three kids who have been working hard at school all day and need to go outside and play for a bit. Not three kids who need to behave in line for 40 minutes so I can get my stamps. And for some ungodly reason, the post office removed their stamp vending machine. So there's not getting around it.
Last night, however, the stroke of genius hit me. I ORDERED STAMPS ONLINE!! I know, I know, from what font does she draw her brilliance? Hard to say, really. All I know is that while my husband was confused over my spending money to have stamps mailed to me, I knew that there was no price too high for such a luxury.
So in 3-5 business days, I will have stamps. And you will have your Christmas card. And I will have my nightstand back. Can we see how this is win-win all around? Happy Holidays.
16 comments:
I have ordered stamps online before too. This year however I simply asked at the Wal-mart checkout if I could purchase stamps and the lady from costumer service brings me 3 packs- and yes they were Christmas stamps. Score!
First from your last post that's one of my very favorite Christmas songs and I have learned over the years it's the only version I love.
Did you know you can buy stamps at Safeway or Winco? Just a thought for next year. I'm with you I hate the lines and there have been years when I have them all done and they don't go out because I hate the post office that much, then there's the guilt, and six months later I get over it!
I stood in line for 20 minutes to get my stamps. I figured that wasn't so bad. I have heard of people standing in line for an hour or more just to buy stamps.
You can get stamps at the ATM too... or the grocery store. Don't they ask you if you want stamps or ice at checkout?
I HATE the post office. HATE IT. So much so, that I usually pay more just to ship via UPS. They are nicer to me and my kids. :)
Hi. We met in the hallway at church this Summer when you were visiting Paige. First comment on your blog. Did you know the USPS will deliver stamps to your mailbox if you fill out the form and send it in? I loathe the post office. I have to go today with 3 kids in tow. Wish me luck.
Our grocery store sells them at the checkstand. It's genius, I tell you, genius.
I have to go to the post office when C wakes up...I have to mail packages...can't do that online BUMMER! So please pray for me. I have to bring my stroller in, I am already dreading trying to open the door and maneuver through the skinny lanes...UGH!
You are so smart. I'm glad you're my friend. Maybe your smartness will rub off on me.
BRILLIANT is the word for you, my darling. I ABHOR the local post office. Not only are the lines massive, and the useless clerks scarce, everyone who works there has got a rude attitude! I got into it with the postmaster general nary a month ago. Once I met him, I realized why my local post office sucks so badly... and then I let him know all of my thoughts.
nice? no. naughty? he deserved it.
I'm off to order stamps online. ♥
Girlfriend . . . I know you live out in the middle of nowhere, but don't they sell books of stamps at your local supermarket or Walgreens, WalMart, etc.???
Can't you get them at your grocery store? That's where I go.
How are you? I'm sick. But I have a cute little bald man coming soon so I am getting better stat!
I have the feeling that if I wrote something similar to this post of yours, you would leave a smug comment about how I should quit my whining, man up, and go to the post office.
Or at least send the husband to the post office.
Of course this makes for an excellent blog post.
But it's so hard to contain ourselves...
I love your writing...I want to steal phrases like, "from what font does she draw her brilliance?"
I totally get why you had your stamps mailed.
Grocery stores.. they usually sell them.
The post office has become my home away from home. I use the machine to mail all of my flat rate boxes. There is no line and then I smile at all the suckers who are waiting in those lines. I sent 4 boxes to my missionary. I'm out of control.
I was going to call you stupid for not knowing you can buy them at any local Supermarket, but about 15 of your so-called friends have done it for me, just not in so many words. So I'm going to take a different tack here, and see if it works.
Hey everyone, stop calling Andre' an idiot for not knowing the Supermarket sells stamps. Jerkfaces.
Jeez, with friends like these...
Anyway, if you could tuck Trinity's phone number into my Christmas card that would be just dandy. I have an Outback Steakhouse gift certificate I want to redeem.
Post a Comment