Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Do You Know What Today Is? It's Our Anniversary.

Guess what? We have been married for THREE WHOLE YEARS now. In some ways, it feels like I've already spent my life with this man.


We have had a super year. It has not been without its trials, but I am continually amazed at how much we continue to learn how to work together to overcome them. A friend once told me that her turning point through marital discord was when her husband told her, "We are on the same team here." So often, it's easy to play on your own team... setting out for the highest score, the fastest time, the best record. And while you think you're doing it for the right reasons, if in the end you have no teammate... what have you won?


This guy is so hot! I love him.

In honor of our three years together, I have picked the three things I love most about my marriage.
1. We talk. All the time. Companionship is very comforting, particularly in the form of someone you enjoy so much.
2. We have learned how to fight. Both of us are very stubborn, very determined, and very impatient. This could be a trainwreck. We've figured out what works for us, and we try really hard to apply it.
3. We are still ridiculously in love. We are affectionate and passionate and happy. The highest compliment I've ever received was when Mika told us, "When I get married, I want my relationship to be just like you guys'."



The first three years of eternity. Time well spent, I'd say.

I love you, baby. Happy Anniversary.

26 comments:

Brynne said...

Great marital insights, thanks for sharing! Although I've not met you in person, through your blog, you and Skip seem perfect for each other! And make a ridiculously hot couple! Happy anniversary! :)

Lauren in GA said...

So perfectly said. I love it.

I love what your friend said about having a teammate and your definition of what that truly means.

You are seriously a great looking couple. That last picture really captures your intense feelings for each other.

Oh, and not to make this all about me...but I read your comment on Celia's blog about her having a direct line to the Canadian Pharmacy drug lords and I almost soiled myself.

Happy Anniversary, my dear.

♥Shally said...

Congrats!!

I love that last picture of you guys...

jessica said...

Yay for three happy years! You are blessed to have found each other and what great role models for your kiddies. It makes me wonder what my kids would say about my marriage...I'm afraid to ask. I hope they focus on only the good stuff...and block out the crazy.

Annie said...

Happy anniversary you two lovies.

Steven Rosbach said...

Get a room, you two.

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

I put that song on my blog when it is mine and Cory's anniversary and I always wake up and sing it to him. I hope you have a great Christmas. Love YOu

Annemarie said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful day!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Happy Anniversary! You two make an awfully attractive couple. And that wedding kiss? You SO meant it. Congrats on finding love and keeping it.

Lauren in GA said...

I have to say I loved HappyBacks comment.

diane said...

Bow chicka bow wow.

You are great role models.

Anna said...

That's what it's all about. Happy anniversary to you two newlyweds.

calibosmom said...

Congrats you two! I'd say those are my top 3 too. We are 17 years strong on the 30th. yehaw!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. You make such a handsome couple. Wishing you many more lovely years ahead.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Christie said...

Those are some fabulous wedding pics. LOVE them. Happy anniversary!

P.S. Send me the link to the other thing when you get a chance, will you? Lost all my bookmarked favorites in a 'puter switch off.

Jessica said...

I'm not exagerrating when I say that your marriage is one of my favorite things about the blog world.

And I LOVE the team thing.

Happy Anniversary so much.

Tristan said...

You make such a great couple!! Happy Anniversary! Loved this post! Love what Mika said!

lisamarie said...

I love seeing you so happy and determined and willing and hardworking. And vice versa. It's a team sport for sure.

Here's to many many many more good, hardworking and happy years. Love you guys.

The Prestwich's said...

Congrats, lady! You two are the cutest couple. Seriously.

martha corinna said...

That is a wonderful compliment. Congratulations.

Jenibelle said...

You deserve to be happy. What a beautiful tribute, I'm touched. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing for the Cowboys and you know who plays for the Indians or visa versa (depending on my mood, but I always am the good guy...)

Hazen5 said...

I hope you are doing something really fun and romantic right now! You guys deserve to be happy.

Lisa-Marie said...

That last picture still turns me on. I think I'll go find Kendon now.

(Is that weird or inappropriate for me to say?)Oh well. You guys are hot.

Happy happy anniversary. I'm so happy you are happy.

Hollyween said...

You guys are great together.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Yes, I know I'm late but that just means I MEAN it that much more.

Anonymous said...

Great anniversary picture. Who is that handsome preacher?

Anonymous said...

very cute.. Congratulations!!! Love you both..
-Katya