Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Look What We Found...

My super sleuth husband found this clip. It goes with the post below. Hate it with me, if you will.

15 comments:

Tristan said...

OK....I'm sorry but I am so laughing!!

It is so wrong and I hate stuff that makes adultery mainstream...but the fact that Mrs. Claus is wearing what appears to be lingerie, and the fact that she busts out a hair dryer so she doesn't get caught with Frosty!!! HA HA HA!

Annemarie said...

ewww. I'm rather disgusted with Mrs. C.

Annie said...

Ew.

Christie said...

Oh, I'm hating it for sure. Nasty.

Anna said...

It's tasteless, not you Tristan, but the whole idea of making light of adultery is how Satan likes to do things. And I know Mrs C, she would never do anything like that.

calibosmom said...

Thats creepy! She is an adultress and a murderer but at least she has great cell coverage!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

That is so wrong it's right!

Lauren in GA said...

Poor Santa.

Kimberly said...

Seriously?

Desi said...

That is repulsive and makes me angry…I get so tired with our society justifying adultery like it’s no big deal. All too often I find things funny that I know I probably shouldn’t, but I think this is too blatant and going way too far!

Michelle said...

Hi. I linked to you from Tristan's blog and found your post on unknown ISP's very helpful. Thanks for the info. I do have 2 questions though...first is how to look it up if the ISP address ends w/ a # (others had that question but I didn't see an answer) and secondly (and the one I'm more curious about) is how come soooooo many of my hits on sitemeter come up w/ a time of 00:00? Like more than half of them are that way. How do they get to my site and off again in a split second? I'm hoping you really are a sitemeter guru!

I've contemplated many times starting over on my blog w/o my last name b/c of privacy reasons. I don't ever mention specifically where I live (but now you know after looking at your sitemeter)!

Thanks for you help. You can email me at michelleshilton@gmail.com (ugh-more things to change w/ my name in it).

Sorry for the long comment and all the questions.

I do have to say that advertising has been reaching some new lows.

Jake said...

At least it's not Santa in bad with a little boy elf. That will be next year, right?

Anonymous said...

Was just telling Hubby the other day that sex is in all the TV commercials... Has nothing remotely to do with the product being sold, so WHY? Why why why?

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Steven Rosbach said...

I can't watch that clip from Turkey, but just from perusing the comments here, I can already tell I love it.

Steven Rosbach said...

I just found a way to watch YouTube in Turkey and finally got to watch this "atrocious" cartoon.

The point of the message was: Other cell phone companies are doing something very, very wrong in the offers they are giving you- whereas our company is doing something right.

So the advertising department thought up something that EVERYONE- ACROSS THE BOARD- would see as absolutely wrong, no matter how you looked at it-- and then tongue-in-cheek, suggested that their competitors' cell phone packages were EVEN worse than that.

What could be more wrong than Mrs. Claus and Frosty having an affair behind Santa's back? Nothing.

As everyone here has so astutely pointed out. Ergo, mission accomplished, advertising department! Plus, every outraged woman here remembers the ad-- once again, mission accomplished!

How anyone sees this commercial as presenting adultery as good, moral, or justifiable is beyond me. It's shown- in a humerous way- as exactly what it is: wrong.