Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Hell of a White Picket Fence


After my stay with Paige, I went to go meet Jeni. I have gotten to know her really well, but have never had the chance to meet her. Let me tell you. It was well worth my effort to impose on her. She is something else.
As an aside, I have to restate here that for some reason, everyone I visited feels like they didn't do enough to "show me a good time". First of all: there's only one person who can REALLY show me a good time, and none of you are him. Unless, of course, you're reading this, B. Second of all: I think you are all insane, because every one of you took me someplace, fed me, gave me a bed, kept me company while my family is gone, and really made my trip wonderful. So no more of that talk from any of you.
Anyway. Back to business.
Can I just say that sista can COOK? Wow. We had shrimp, salmon, tri-tip steaks, brown rice, tomato salad (eat your heart out, Rachel!) and homemade white rolls that ripped me from my standard whole grain regimen. I secretly think people were conspiring to fatten me up. Frankly, I was a willing guinea pig.
Jeni's family was fun. At first I thought her husband was ignoring me. Then I discovered he is the witty, silent type. Turns out he's actually as crazy as Jeni. And her boys were so funny! I will keep all the family secrets quiet (no need to go public with who likes to wear what while watching a movie...) but suffice it to say, they wasted no time in making me feel like part of the family.

We took a day trip to Columbia, which is sort of like a refurbished old ghost town. There were tons of things to take pictures of, and I learned a lot about California state history. This is important because my husband is from California, and now I feel closer to him.

Here you will see a picture where I busted Jeni and Byron sneaking out of the Fun Sex bathroom. They were both giggling, plus Byron had that brown bag with a bottle in it. I knew the only thing to do was take a picture and ask no questions. So naughty.


There was panning for gold, shopping in an old country store, and a lot of laughing and playing.


Another treat was a visit from Denae. She lives by Jeni and Celia. So we sat around and talked until Celia's husband made her come home. He's such a ball and chain, that one.
My vacation was amazing. It is such a nice feeling to have friends. I cannot imagine sitting home by myself for six weeks. I would die of loneliness. Or I would die from running out of things to organize. Either way, I am really thankful I have the opportunity to travel, and the friends to make doing so worthwhile. So THANK YOU a million times over to everyone of you and your families for making me feel loved. And stuffed.

14 comments:

Tristan said...

I love Jenni! She is amazing!!

But I seriously don't think I'm ever going to get over the fact that I wasn't still there to hang out! SO not fair :(

I'm glad you had fun though! I know I couldn't be by myself for 6 weeks!

Paige said...

Never heard of columbia but now I wanna go.

♥Shally said...

You really had a great vacation!!

It would have been better had you come through the beautiful city of St. George though.

Anna said...

The next trip M takes for business I'm gonna pack up my bags and head out your way. Maybe we could scrapbook??

Heidiram said...

How fun! So, next year I'm thinking you'll need to plan a little trip to the South? Or maybe . . . we can meet in Bahw-ston? What do you think?

Celia Fae said...

I look good in that picture. Thanks.

It was really fun to see you. I'm especially glad I could come over Sunday night and shoot the breeze. I just didn't get enough on Saturday.

I'm so glad you had a good time. I know it is tough to have all of that free time without the family, but your trips feed my vacay imagination.

Hazen5 said...

So Fun! I have been waiting for this post just to see what you ate (Good Job Jeni). I can tell you what they wear while they watch T.V.!!! Now you know why I love that Groseclose Family.

Jenibelle said...

We all loved having you here and want to extend an open invitation....ANYTIME chica!! Come play at our house,you are wonderful and a friend for life.

And I'll do my best to fatten you up.

Christie said...

COLOR ME JEALOUS.

Looks like a fabulous time. Those Cali girls rock.

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you got to be with all of those wonderful ladies. Life at Jeni's sounds so wonderful. She is amazing. I want to watch a movie in my pajamas with her funny family. Oh, and eating her yummy cooking has a great draw for me, too.

Sally said...

Hmmm. Jeni, I'll be there next week. I am bringing all my kids too for you to feed and entertain us. Can't wait. :)

Andrea, I am so glad you had such a good trip. You deserved to have fun.

Celia, you do look look great in that picture.

gab said...

Wow...how I would have loved to be at that party. I agree that every blog friend I've met has been even better in person. Prettier. Funnier. Smarter.

I know you must be missing those kids somethin' fierce...but good for you. Way to make the most of your time alone.

Ilene said...

You and all those ladies are darling. Thank you for letting us live through you during this blogger reunion.

Rynell said...

Looks like a great time!