Imagine my surprise when my google reader told me today that she had a new post, so I clicked over to read it and found what could very well be the most hideous picture of me EVER.
But the absolutely nicest post ever.
So I'm letting the picture slide.
But if you'd like to read about how one of my best friends became one of my best friends, then click your way over here.
Oh, and this was the only picture I could scrounge up of the yellow dress. I would love to find ANYONE who has flattering missionary pictures. God makes your spirit beautiful, but sort of ignores your physical for awhile. But it's worth it in the end...


16 comments:
I clicked right over! Love hearing all the sister missionary stories...since I never served...I always thought y'all were a very celestial bunch. Clearly I was wrong.
p.s. The day I fly home from Women's Conf, my husband flies out to Moab for a week of suicide riding with his buds. If he returns in one piece, then I will totally go with you!
That blog about you two Sistas was great. I guess it was really more about you :) You two have a wonderful reunion and eat some sunchips for me. I love those things.
That was a great tribute, and brought back too many memories of the MTC. I too, found a soul mate on my mission. She was my 3rd to last companion, and I don't think I've ever known someone who makes me laugh so hard.
I totally have an awesomely attractive picture of me as a sister missionary. I am wearing a maternity jumper with an extra large Peter Rabbit stitched on the bust by my mother. It still sits in my closet because I can't bear to part with it. While wearing it, I was often told while knocking on doors, that I shouldn't be out in my condition.
I always say that the spirit tricks you into thinking you look great while serving.
That is a great story. And I love the yellow dress you really should wear it when you see your friend again.. just for a good laugh!
DO you remember John McCloskey? I haven't SEEN him since about a month before the Pope died, so what, 2005 or so? But we email back and forth nearly every day.
It's good to have friends like that.
Hey waitaminute.... YOU'Re a friend like that! When was the last time we actually SAW each other?
Love the yellow dress. And love the missionary pictures!
How fun that you get to see her soon!!
I always wish that I had gone on a mission.
Give me 40 years or so...
Hi I am Abby's friend Jenny...I was just reading her blog and noticed your sweet comment...so I snuck a peek at your blog...noticed where you served. My hubby Rik Osthed served there too..sounds like around the same time. He's not home yet for me to pick his brain, just wondering. Cute blog by the way
Are you kidding? I thought you looked so great in those pictures you posted with you and the kids from your mission. It was one of my first thoughts actually. You looked like you had a glow!
Somehow, my mom ran into yours at one point while you were on your mission. I had forgotten where you served, so it's cool to see that stuff.
Oh I love Lisa, isn't she great? I'm totally lame since I only live about 2 hours away from her and I haven't seen her since I moved here two years ago.
I love the mission pictures and the yellow dress definitely brings out the glow in your spirit :)
Who are the other people in the bottom photo? They look vaguely familiar, but I can't remember names. Perhaps I'm going senile.
no senility, elbrentio.
remember how i had to wait for my visa in chicago for a few weeks? those were sisters from that mission. so unless you dated them in college, or happen to be their distant cousin, or some other oddly coincidental thing like that, then you are still cerebrally loaded.
Brent: actually, i think a couple of them were in the MTC with us too. They were probably the ones staring at you while you were mouthing that big glass at the dinner table. I should do a post with a few of those pictures too. I just realized that blogging is actually a very good way to humiliate others! My whole blogging mentality is suddenly shifting....
So when Lisa asked about the yellow dress in your Q & A I had some distant recollection. So after this awesome post I went searching. and what do you know I have a beautiful picture of you in that beautiful yellow dress on that wonderful day that you met your great friend. Something is wrong with my scanner or else I would have gladly posted my picture. Lovin you and your mission and your friend lisa.
I am so jealous that everyone is going to Women's Conference except me! I guess that's what I get for having a baby! I loved your friend's post and hope you have a fabulous time together!
You were so cute on your mission. How great that you found a lifetime friend. A very sweet story. I hope you have a blast at Women's Conference together. And, I'm so glad to finally know how to say your name correctly. Love it!
Just happened upon your blog while blog snooping. I recognized Dorian in the earlier picture. I also served with her during my mission. She was my trainer in Evora. She left shortly after I arrived. Love, love, love the picture. So true about the lack of flattering attire.
Post a Comment