Thursday, February 7, 2008

Overheard

Another snow day today. Same old whine.
Here are some astute things heard around our home of late:

Mika had a friend sleep over the other day. I was in the room reminding them it was time for bed. This is their conversation, had as if I wasn't even standing there:
Dillon: Hey Mika. Remeber last time, when me and Josh both slept over?
Mika: Yeah.
Dillon: Remember how we stayed up all night farting and telling yo'mama jokes?
Mika: Yeaaaahhhh...
Dillon: That was so awesome. Can we do it again tonight?
Mika: Yeah. Definitely.
______________________________________

Keola was standing in front of the dishwasher during the dry cycle the other day, staring into the little air vent:
Keola: Hey mom! This hot steam coming out really burns your eyeball!
Mom: Have you considered moving your eyeball out of the way?
Keola: Total silence. Moves slowly away from hot steam. Oh. I didn't think of that.

______________________________________

Coming home from church on Superbowl Sunday:
Mika: Hey guys! My teacher doesn't watch football!
Us guys: Well, some people try not to do that on Sunday sweetie.
Mika: No, Mom. I mean she doesn't watch football EVER. I've never met someone like that before. Weird, huh?

______________________________________

With so many snow days, my VS Pink loungewear has been getting a lot of wear. The other day I felt a little finger poking my rearend. I turned around to find Keola staring at my hiney.
Me: What are you doing, son?
Keola: Your butt isn't like jello. When I poked it, it didn't shake.
Me: Is it supposed to?
Keola: I think if you're a mom, it's supposed to.
I shudder to think of the testing grounds for his theory.

_______________________________________

The missionaries were having supper at the house the other night. Politics came up.
Elder V: This could be the year for the first mormon president, the first woman president, or the first black president. We should just elect Gladys Knight and get it all over with.

9 comments:

♥Shally said...

My rear end would definately shake.. **sigh**

And I agree with Mika, it is wierd not to watch football ever.

Lastly, can Jaxon come over for the farting sleep over? He would love that. Poor kid needs brothers.

Paige said...

I don't know what I'd do with all those snow days. Get out all screen things like video games, TV for the kids and crawl back into bed until it stopped snowing.

Good job on the no jiggle. You might be the only mom that doesn't.

Rynell said...

I totally burst out laughing at the Gladys Knight comment. All in one.

Jessica said...

All of those were so great.

Too bad about those weird non-footbal watchers. =)

HILLARY said...

That Elder. I think he's on to something! I wonder if she's thought of it?

I totally jiggle, kudos for you for not jiggling!

Heidiram said...

Sarah was with her behavioral therapist this morning and she ripped a huge fart. She burst out laughing and said "Ms. Erika I did a pe-o"(fart)." Gotta love what her older brothers are teaching her.

HappyBack said...

My only standard for my new wife is the non-jello butt. That's it. Just that.

Red Seaglass said...

Steve! You are insane. Will you ask her to submit herself to that test on the first, or second date?

Sounds like Mika does the same thing at sleep overs that we did! {The farting at least}

Marie said...

Congratulations on not having a JELLO bum! Very impressive. I'm working on my jiggly bum right now, only four weeks left of approved weight gain and then I must get to work firming up.