Rynell, who by all means appears to be a master chef, assured me that some Cafe Rio knock-offs would be out of this world. I have been to Utah a couple of times in the past year or so, and everyone was raving about this restaurant. We tried it and loved it. So much so that it was Samantha's restaurant of choice for her post-baptism meal.
Basically, you take this:

There was an incredibly moist and flavorful chicken, lime rice, "doctored" beans, pico de gallo, tomatillo dressing, rich, creamy guacamole, and some shredded lettuce all wrapped up in a fresh warm tortilla. It was so delicious, my mouth began to smile again. And in order to prevent ruining the food with saline, I quit crying while I ate. Skip's favorite food is Mexican, so I felt even better seeing him enjoy his meal. I think a tiny ray of sunshine beamed down from above on our table.
Anyway. I hope Giselle Bundchen was as good to Tom Brady. He needed cheering up, and after all, I fully believe Giselle is the new Jessica.
Oh, and as for my tombstone, Lisa's epitaph was definitely creative but I refuse to put it on my headstone. It's Paige by a mile. And no Katie, you didn't win.
Oh, and as for my tombstone, Lisa's epitaph was definitely creative but I refuse to put it on my headstone. It's Paige by a mile. And no Katie, you didn't win.
9 comments:
We ate at Cafe Rio for the first time last month and it is Delicious! After listening to a friend in Colorado rave about it for 4 years, I was glad it lived up to the hype.
Cafe Rio is our FAVE!!! Zach always says he should work there so we can get a discount. Cooking it myself just seems like way too much work, glad I have one 5 minutes away...
I love the pictures on this post! It all sounds wonderful!
I always use food to pull myself out of a funk. Food good.
Blogs which share recipes are the best.
Looks yummy. I just had 3 choc chip cookies for breakfast, maybe I should add that to it!
(my 13 yr old wanted to make cookies for a friends bday, so I couldn't pass up the warm ones @ 8 am:)
Yay! I love to win esp. when I didn't know it was a contest. Thanks for creating it for me and then appointing me winner. My prize is I have to actually buy and engrave the tombstone for you, no? I will take some of that food though.
I won by a landslide... hehe
I wonder if Giselle taunts Tom by telling him that her old boyfriend Leonardo never lost a big game like that? I wonder if she tells him all about how Leo's movie "Titanic" won 11 Oscars and made a Bazillion Dollars?
I hope she does.
I hope she leaves him for Leonardo.
Wait, no, I hope she leaves him for Andy Dick, to add insult to injury.
Yum- mexican is my favorite too! Your post encouraged me to drive 2 miles past the usually sufficient taco bell. I got a big fat chiptole burrito from a place called "Burritos" genius name, huh? Is this recipe on "what's for dinner" blog? If not will you please share. Thanks!
Post a Comment