me. Just ask my poor kids, whose attempts to lie to me have been successful zero out of seven thousand attempts. Anyway. I thought we were going over to the neighbor's for a quiet family game night. Imagine the mix of my horror and delight when I walked through the door to this:

And it only got better.
Or worse. Depends on your point of view. I am not a dresser-upper. I will gladly attend any costume party... as myself.
But the mastermind of this shindig thought since I was born in the 70's, it would be fabulous if we all dressed the part. Look, I was born naked. You don't see me trying to relive all that now, do you?
We are insanely busy people. When we have any free time, we usually fall asleep. So I don't get to see my friends as often as I would like. One of the highlights of the evening, and there were many, was getting to have some social time with people I love so much.
Another highlight, was how my fabulously insightful husband brought several of my dearest friends to the party from hundreds of miles away. He threw in a segment of video/audio messages from some of these people... I can't load the audio clips on here (Sorry Marji and Lisa, because I did really love your clips), but take a look at the videos:

We danced it up, watched a very embarrassing slide show of my life, and had a whole lot of fun. My man gets some crazy credit for managing to keep this a surprise, as well as making it such a memorable night. You only turn forty once, and he sure knows how to make it count.
And lastly, I leave you with this...proof that 40 is when the fun really begins.


7 comments:
Having spent years saying "None of your business" as you tried to ferret out information on a myriad of subjects that we were trying to keep secret I take my hat off to Skip for succeeding in keeping you ignorant of what was going on. Looks like it was a ton of fun. Love you a lot, Sweetheart.
What an awesome husband! I must say, I enjoyed the hilarious pictures! 40 should be celebrated for several days! So far, 40 has been my favorite decade!
I love this. So glad you married such a perfect guy.
Your mom's comment is HILARIOUS.
This is so cool! Glad your bday was fab and I died when I saw you'd actually dressed up. You rocked the 70's. You make 40 look good. Can't wait until I'm there in 10 months!
please notice me commenting on a blog. It never happens. So happy birthday.
Happy Birthday You Sexy Thang!
That is a great 70's song that can most obviously be applied to you on your 40th.
That final clip of you and Skip dancing has to be one of the greatest things I have seen in my entire life. I LOVE it!
Skip did an AMAZING job. So fantastic.
Your parents are so dang cute. I know I always say that...and then I worry that I am patronizing them...like they are puppies, or something...but BOY HOWDY they are cute. Uh...I would have love to have seen your mom's face when your dad had a Happy 50th birthday sign in SACRAMENT MEETING!?!
You look great in that cat suit. (Is that what they are called?)
I completely belly laughed when I read that you were born naked but we don't see you trying to relive that, "now, do you?" You kill me.
Happy Birthday!! You truly do make 40 look FANTASTIC.
Lauren, you can say we're cute any time you want.
Post a Comment