But here's the thing... the night before the banquet, I heard Anthony Hamilton was going to be doing a cd signing here locally. At the last minute, I decided to go, because I really love his music. I waited in line, and when I got up there to meet him, I immediately liked him. He was so down to earth, friendly, and easy to talk to.

The next thing I knew, it was the night of the football banquet, and I suddenly had this last minute choice to make... the concert or the banquet. I chose both. I left the banquet early and got to the concert late, but I got to do both. And not only did I get to go to the concert, but our seats were FANTASTIC. Figured they would be, since they were compliments of Mr. Anthony Hamilton himself. During the show, he came down off the stage, stopped right in front of us, and sang for a bit. It was so much fun. I think I smiled the entire show. So much soul-stirring, body grooving music, outstanding back up singers, a killer guitarist, great company (love my girl!), AAAAANNNDDD....as if all that wasn't enough...

Again, he was very easy to talk to, and it was fun to talk a little bit about music I love with a performer who is so much a part of it.
(yeah, the boots made me look like I was straight outta the WNBA next to him. without the boots, you can see in the first picture, we were the same height. oh well.)
Anyway. Congrats to my son for a great season, and for being willing to give his mom a much needed night out. Life is really good.
Now go download some Anthony Hamilton, and keep an eye out for his new album, which will be released in time for the holidays! WOO!

4 comments:
You are SUPER COOL! The slide show rocks. Really. I want to do that.
I love the video you made. Especially the part with all of the players' and coaches' names. Because I am self absorbed...I just kept wishing that Evan was on Mika's team. Not only because the Lions had an undefeated season ( that is AWESOME, indeed, though!!!!!) but because I LOVE the pictures you took and the video you made. I like to rely on the talents of moms like you. I would be giddy if you were a mom of a player of my son's team. I would keep thinking, "Oh, good...she's taking more pictures...hopefully she will post them somewhere and I can ask permission to right click them all into my clutches.
You look stunning in the pictures. So awesome that you got a much needed night out with Ann in addition to attending the banquet. Backstage passes!? Shut up!!! ☺
Way to go Mika!!!
And way to go you!! How very cool to meet him not only once, but twice!! He seems like a great guy!
I've always loved this song. I run to it, but I have to admit that it is such a long song, so toward the end I always skip ahead.
I have an Ice cube song from a former life of mine that is also on my running play list and I try to keep it covert but I heard my my 7 year old singing "you can do it, put your back into it" the other day. Oh no.
Post a Comment