1. Apparently, Kim Kardashian loved her wedding ring so much, that she put a clause in the pre-nup stating that she could buy it from her man in the event of a divorce. The bummer is that she clearly has an overpaid, incompetent lawyer, because by virtue of the marriage alone, the ring was hers after the I-Do's. Shoot. Good thing she probably has the 2 mil lying around to throw Kris's way.

2. Tracy Gold struggled with anorexia during her Growing Pains career, and she's opening up about it.
Again.
I'm pretty sure after the Lifetime Television for Women Movie is made about your life, it can no longer qualify as "news."

3. Angelina Jolie has doubts about her parenting skills. I'm going out on a limb and saying "most moms do." But I also have to say that until you've fired all the nannies, chefs, housekeepers, accountants, drivers, and other people who do the mom duties for you, that you can't really feel inadequate at something you've not really ever done.

4. The Republicans are trying really hard to find a better candidate than Mitt Romney. People are confused by this. Let me break it down for you. The Republicans are heavily backed by the Sobas (Southern Baptists). It's no secret that they basically abhor the Mormons. I have some good friends who are Sobas, but we absolutely cannot discuss religion. They don't believe I am Christian, and this baffles me. They are good people, I am a good person. We can have a friendship but religion can't be part of it. This policy does not apply to the political party. They are so afraid to see a Mormon in office, that they are grasping at any other possible option. That's my spin on it. Maybe I'm wrong. But probably not.

5. NBA players who jumped ship during the lockout and went to China to play ball are finding that their contracts over there are... gasp!... BINDING. Wow. That sucks. Ni hao, Beijing.

6. Kate Gosselin is tackling face-lift rumors. OH.MY.WORD. I absolutely cannot believe that anyone cares! What did she have, like 8 kids? That's 8 more reality TV shows down the line where we will likely still be discussing said rumors. This is why I seldom watch TV. Although... her before and after are pretty drastic, and make me think I could get on board with a celebrity style makeover. Minus the part where they strap my eyelids and temples back behind my ears with an under-the-skin wire.

7. J-Lo took her new boyfriend to the beach. Her 24 year old back-up dancer boyfriend. My good friend Ann is 24. Sometimes, when I am with her and her same-age friends, I feel like the mom. I find Cougarism unsettling in its creepiness. I'm pretty sure the back-up dancer boyfriend finds it out-of-this-world awesome, and will ride that gravy train as far as he can. Now there's a relationship with potential. Just ask Ashton.

So that's it. The newsmaking headlines of November, 2011. Aren't you glad you tuned in??
7 comments:
Oh there are too many reasons why I love this post to comment about...the Tracey Gold thing had me laughing out loud! Oh and Kate Gosslin, soooo awesome. Thanks for the laughs my friend!
I have been thinking a lot about maybe becoming the male version of a "Cougar," which I understand is called a "Man-guar." My wife, oddly, thinks that that would be a bad idea.
So glad you shared :) First, Kim Kardashian and all of her family are only famous cuz they have money and are dramatic. Lame. They bug.
Second, why is Tracey in the news again?? Really?? Her story has been told. In every possible way. Get over yourself already.
Third, Angelina should just stick to acting. Her kids are cute. But they will be so completely skrewed up that it makes me sad. But whatever.
Fourth, stupid Sobas.
Fifth, NBA...not sure I really care. Greedy bastards.
Sixth, OMG! I can not STAND Kate Goslin. I don't understand why she is a celebrity. I don't really care what plastic surgery she has done. But for her to deny it is delusional.
Seventh, J-Lo and her boy toy. Whatever. Enjoy the ride dude.
And those are my thoughts. I hope you enjoyed them ;)
You are right on the money with every item, especially since money is the bottom line in each of your oh so intersting topics. I especially love the Angelina Jolie rundown. I would love for these "stars" to spend just 1 day in your shoes, or any other everyday person. They wouldn't be able to climb back on to their gravy train fast enough.
BLAAAAAAHHHHH!!! That was me barfing.
Oh, my gosh I loved this. Every. Single. SPOT. ON. word.
Seriously, you should write a social commentary column. You are hilarious and so spot on.
I whined to you before about Sobas. I have several sobas as friends...and...yup...we can't discuss religion. The like me...and think it's really sad that I am goin to burn in hell. I had never heard the term, "Sobas" before. I'm totally stealing it...so thank you ☺.
I think you are right, though. Republicans are scared to death to have a Mormon in the Whitehouse.
I burst out laughing when I read, "Ni hao, Beijing." You kill me.
And I didn't have to watch one commercial. I think this was about 2 hours of E! time summed up so well. Thank you.
Post a Comment