Sunday, September 4, 2011

This Is It. The Final Destination. You May Now Move Freely About The Cabin...

Does this look a teeny tiny bit like paradise to you? As well it should. The plane took me from Atlanta to Boise, Idaho. Once there, I met up with Ms. Ilene, who is a gem, and we headed north to THE CABIN.

THE CABIN is owned by Robin, and she graciously invited us to spend some time up there. By us, of course, I mean the people you see in this picture:



Paige, Kristen, Kimberly, Tristan, Ilene, Sally, Robin, Celia and Me.


I have gotten to know these women over the past four years or so, and have turned to them for advice, a listening ear, and a good laugh. They have come through repeatedly. A few of us are missing here, and I know we would've had even more fun had they been able to come. That's saying a lot, because we had a really, really great time.

This river runs right alongside the cabin. It was restful, quiet, and the weather was perfect. We ate so much delicious, fresh food, enjoyed the campfire, and got a little crazy playing games.



One of the highlights for me was white water rafting. I've never done it before, and I'm not a great swimmer. As it turns out, the life vest is a very simple solution. And mockery is a very effective motivator. No one was going to let me get away with chickening out, and in the end, I was grateful.










Tristan is a cosmetologist. (aesthetician? hair stylist? make up guru? You can check out her work here and then figure out what to call her.) So she did makeup on everyone, which seems funny when you're out in the wilderness to put on a full face of makeup. But we knocked the local town dead when we showed up in our camping attire and hottie faces to their local production of Singin' In The Rain.



We are all very different from each other, and come from a variety of places. But such a diverse group of women really have a lot to offer one another, and I am so grateful for their friendship.


The sad part of this post is that my camera was dying, literally, and so I didn't get as great of pictures as I'd have liked. I'm now getting a new camera, which should come this week, and I'm happy about that.


So that's it, folks. One of the most amazing summers a woman could possibly ask for. I still feel edified by it all, able to tap into more positive energy than usual. Like tonight, I yelled at my kid. Then a little while after, I actually felt BAD! So I went back for a do-over.


Phew. Here's to hoping it gets me through the year to come. I can't say thank you enough to all the friends and family who opened their homes to me this summer, who have both loved me AND liked me, and who have reminded me that life is really pretty awesome.


10 comments:

Amanda said...

OK I just finished reading about all your travels this summer. What an amazing trip! It sounds like a dream and such a good way to pass time while Skip is gone. Loved the pictures of your kids at the beach. If I go longer than a year without some good beach time, I start to shrivel up inside.
PS My Dr. changed my due date to March 30th. It's on!

Robin said...

I love you AND like you! A lot! You are awesome and I am so glad you were at the cabin! Love!

Sally said...

We love you, Andrea! It was wonderful to hang put with you at the cabin. Thanks for being so awesome.

brent said...

I've been trying to figure out where you went, exactly. The "CABIN" area looks like Smith's Ferry, while the river looks like the south fork of the Payette.

Christie said...

BOO! I am so jealous. I can't believe I missed it. Looks so fabulous.

And what camera are you getting??? Yay for new cameras!

Lauren in GA said...

Congrats on the new camera! I love the pictures you took, though. So, the old camera served well until the end.

I love that you went into town with your camping attire and, "hottie faces". I want a Tristan makeover so much.

I am very scared to white water raft. Good for you for not chickening out...I hope I wouldn't have been a party pooper but I don't know.

Lauren in GA said...

...by the way. I love the clever title of this post.

Kimberly said...

So fun and relaxing and lovely!

The Prestwich's said...

You deserve every minute of it. I totally enjoyed your stay here too. You and your family are welcome anytime! I'm so glad you didn't drown in the river.

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm still so happy for you all that you had such a wonderful time. I'm also still so jealous.

It's funny I read this this morning cause I had a dream about all you ladies last night. We were at Tristan's house drinking smoothies (though they were pick, not green!) and eating Kneader's cupcakes. Does kneaders even have cupcakes? I've never been. Anyway, it helped ease my longing for you all and made it worse all at the same time.