Today I was doing my grocery shopping. Sometimes I make this slightly mundane task more enjoyable by plugging myself into my ipod. Today was such a day.
As I cruised through the produce, "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars came on. Have you ever listened to the words of this song? I was lost in it. And I found myself in tears with this amazing realization that this is how my husband feels about me. You should try it sometime... dedicating a song to yourself from your husband. It's quite a feeling! I blamed the tears on the onions, but at the end of the day, I knew there was nothing on earth I would rather have than the man who thinks I'm amazing just the way I am. I didn't even mind crying in the supermarket, because I was overwhelmed at the thought of how much he loves me! I'm not perfect, but he's decided to love me anyway. And in spite of my imperfections, he looks at me with adoration. I'm a lucky woman.
7 comments:
Song of the year for sure. love it. glad it hit home.
oh and have you heard the glee version? I actually like it just a teency bit better...
love this song. I think I will try it.
darn onions
Jeff loves Bruno Mars. Does that redeem his junk food, baseball loving self in your eyes?
This song makes me mad. When I hear it I am reminded of all the times I have asked David if I look okay, and he says..."You look fine". Then, I see myself in some random picture with said outfit on, and I ask him, "really? I looked fine?" And he just smiles and says "What?!" I think I will try your prescription for a day. It sounds much more uplifting. After all, I am quite positive that my man is crazy about me too.
You sap! I'm kidding of course-you know I'm all about the love! I'm always tearing up in the car from the love tunes. We are lucky ladies! PS Going to a Celtics game this month-I'll be thinking of you!
That was lovely. I think it is so wonderful that you had that experience...that you were moved to tears with the realization of how much he loves you...
...onions? Nice try...you probably weren't even near the produce when you started to cry ;)
I love that song. I listened to it and thought about Mike.
Post a Comment