Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Reigning Champ of All Things Culinary

I recently gave these bad boys a shot. They are, without a doubt, the best thing ever invented in the clean-up department. They don't affect how your food is cooked in the least, but they completely eliminate the need to sandblast the crud off your slow cooker when you clean up. I think it's safe to say that I generally spend as much time soaking and scrubbing an unlined pot as the pot itself spent slow cooking. BUT NO MORE!


Coming in a close second for Reigning Champ of All Things Culinary is this guy. Yes, yes, the red-meat-eating caveman is getting a kosher and savory nod. Thursday was a busy day. I was running late with appointments after work, and finally found my way home at 5:30. I had taken cube steaks out to thaw in the morning, and I arrived home to find them being prepared a-la-parmigiana. They were delish, and I hadn't even asked him to roll up his sleeves. Then, last night, I was out running errands and came home to find kielbasa, peppers and potatoes all sauteed up and plated. Did I mention yesterday morning, he cooked everyone cheesy egg sandwiches for breakfast? Some might notice a trend of my convenient "tardiness" during the meal preparation hour. Some might notice his "willingness" to step in continues to include red meat. Bottom line: WHO CARES! He is so awesome to help out in the kitchen, the food tastes great, and truth be told, most of the time we end up cooking together, which I love. And in all fairness, I'd choose him over the slow-cooker bags any day, even though they DID come in first.

15 comments:

Kitty said...

Awwww... you two are just so sweet, honestly. xx

Tristan said...

I so need to get me some of those liners. I have been using my slow cooker a lot lately and I love it! Not always crazy about the clean up though. Mine isn't so bad however, because the inside ceramic part comes out. (Or is everyone's like that?) Anyway, makes it easier to clean.

Skip is awesome! Love that photo of him. And I agree, that cooking together is so fun. I love it when Ryan and I can cook together.

♥Shally said...

I can't believe I haven't tried those liners yet! I NEED THEM!

calibosmom said...

WHO CARES is right! I love it when my man cooks. It is usually eggs and toast but I love it nonetheless. I'm liking those liners too. Do they make those for around the toilet too? That would be a great invention. A giant Post It Note bathroom floor.

Lauren in GA said...

Because I got married around the dawn of time, my crock pot's ceramic pot is not removable. (It was a wedding gift...you know...when dinosaurs roamed the earth) My sister was making fun of me the other day because it is so, "old"...what the heck evah, girl...I am so excited that you have shared this information about LINERS. I am seriously so happy...not even kidding.

...and Skip...you have got a good man, right there. We knew he stays in your good graces becasue he is total eye candy...but he cooks, too? Completely awesome.

katyvee said...

Hmmmm. Will liners make me cook better, and more often?? Hard to say.. but thanks for the tip. My issue with slow-cookers is my slow-cookin'-head that doesn't remember that I was gonna slow cook something until 6:00, at night.
(Liners or not-- raw chicken in a slow cooker for a 15 minutes, does not a tasty meal make.)
Congrats on the handsome husband making cheesy sandwiches. Doesn't get much better than THAT.

Christie said...

For some annoying reason I can't see the pics. You know how I love a good picture. Dang.

Speaking of good pictures -- I think it's time for you to post some of your man in his uniform. You know, for us girls who have to suffer the injustice of not seeing our man in one.

Ilene said...

Super impressive. Both Skip and the liners.

I've heard the steaming bags are awesome too.

Not that I have used them to steam anything but I am passing the info to you for review.

Rynell said...

Awesome. on both counts.

lisamarie said...

Not sure if you have Costco nearby but if so, see if they are carrying the Kinders Ball Tip Steak. You will make him very happy and he will make you happy by cooking it. It might just be a CA thing, not sure.

haven't heard of the crock wrapper thingys...will definitely have to give it a try.

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

I thought I'd be part of this post for sure ;D

Your man is a sweet pie. Much cuter than those plastic bags.

martha corinna said...

What a man. Red meat and all.

Anna said...

So how does Skip feel about polygamy? Could I be wife #2?

Hollyween said...

I need to try those liners!

Have you tried the ziploc steam bags? They're equally wonderful and cook things to a perfection.

Nice pic of Skip, but then I love ALL your pics. You're truly becoming a wonderful photographer!

Steven Rosbach said...

When did Annie Leibovitz come by and do the Skip photo shoot?