Sunday, January 29, 2012

Calling All Travellers!

Here's the deal. I would really like to plan an amazing getaway when my man gets home. Part of me doesn't want to travel too far, because we'd use up all our budget on airfare. But I also want to go somewhere nice, with a beautiful beach and a comfy place to stay. I'm not really sure how our time will work out, juggling kids between visitations, but we know that we have to take some time for ourselves to reconnect. A year is a long, long time to be apart.

So tell me. Where have you been? Where would you go? Are all-inclusives worthwhile? Or maybe do you own a little place that you want to rent us? We have a timeshare we can use, but so far nothing has jumped out at me. And for the record... Hawaii is not an option.

So.

Gimme your best.

7 comments:

Sleepless in Afghanistan said...

And neither is any place that even remotely looks like a dessert.

motherofallmothers said...

How far do you want to travel?

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww...it's so good to see him commenting on the blog ↨ .

Well...I think it should be some place quiet...with a big comfy bed...and excellent restaurants close by (you know...so you can keep your strength up.) Maybe take a train someplace? Ever since Robin said she was thinking of that I have been thinking it sounds like a great idea.

Tristan said...

I was totally going to suggest Vegas until I read Skip's comment about the dessert. So next!

Have you ever been to Santa Cruz California? Gorgeous and fun. Beaches, boardwalk, cute little main street for shopping/restaurants. Also there is Catalina Island California. That little island is quiet romantic and has a very relaxing beachy atmosphere (anything in California will be close to you, hence the suggestions). Catalina has all kinds of stuff to do in the water, or lots of fun shops and restaurants. There are boat rides and glass bottom boats rides (to see all the plant and wildlife in the ocean), scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, surfing..the works.

Lauren in GA said...

Tristan is a genius. I want to go to Catalina.

motherofallmothers said...

How about one of the islands off the coast of WA? I have never been but hear that they are really nice, quaint (a la Cape Cod).

jessica said...

I fell in love with Charleston, SC when we went down there to get Camden. I had never been there and it was the most amazing place...the history, the beauty, THE FOOD!!!! Aric and I can't wait to go back someday.