I took a very extended vacation this summer. When my man left, the kids and I jumped on a plane and headed east. We met up with my parents, my brother and his family (Yisel, Jade, Bella and Abuela) in the Outer Banks, NC. What a phenomenal place! The beaches there are stunning, the water was perfect, and no one got bitten by a shark.
We rented a ginormous beach house that had a pool, and we enjoyed an entire week together resting and relaxing. I took so many pictures, it's taken me an hour just to compile them for this post tonight. So here's the photo recap.
Grams and Gramps were hounded by their grand kids to play games, read stories, and play in the water. They were good sports, and it was nice to have that second set of hands. It made me happy to see the kids strengthening their relationship with them. They live so far away, and we don't have the luxury of weekend visits.
The beach was so fun. I could stay at the beach all day, every day. If I have my sunscreen and some snacks, I'm good. And is there any place better for kids to play? I think not. Mother Nature's playground, for sure.
NOE was the most reserved of my kids with the water at the beach. She also had a hard time getting her kite in the air. She did catch a few easy waves, which made her happy.
Keola loves being active. I love seeing him just be a boy. Boys should be getting dirty, making messes, and being as busy as they can be just figuring things out.
Mika is such a great kid. He surpassed me in height this summer, and he is so enjoyable to be around. He's at that place where a kid tries to figure out how to grow up, and he's handling it with a lot of finesse. That is no small feat in this day and age. He's doing a super job.
ME! I just loved every second of it. I wished my husband was there to relax and enjoy with me, but I wasn't about to mope around and feel sorry for myself in such a gorgeous place! I looked at it as building up my emotional resources for the tough times ahead.




5 comments:
Stunning pictures, as usual! What an awesome place to reconnect with family. Isn't it great to have kids who want to hang out with their grandparents? I love it!
You guys look like you are having so much fun it makes me want to be there with you!!
I really love the Outer Banks...especially because we have never been plagued by jellyfish while there...of course...sharks are no picnic...
I LOVE the pictures of you. You look happy. Good job making the best of life because I know missing Skip has got to be very intense.
I love what you said about Mika. It really is wonderful that he handles life with such finesse. It made me smile that he is taller than you are.
speechless. looks amazing and the kids are amazing. oh, and you're amazing. oh and noe and iz have the same swimming suit. that's especially cute.
That does look amazing! I am so glad you had so much time to fill your cup. You absolutely deserved every heavenly moment of your trip...
Post a Comment