Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Some Stuff...

So. We're making progress on the house. Well, we made a lot of progress 2 months ago when my parents were here. Since then, we've kind of stagnated. But still. Progress was made once upon a time...

Like in the man cave. I will say, my man was manly when he included a few Celtics covers in with his beloved Lakers. It was a trade: I'll bring him buffalo wings and cream soda during football games if he hangs Larry Bird up. Excellent.
Oh, and yes, that's a leg lamp. It's Italian.



In the end, we decided not to put Noe and Sam in the same room. The room was too small and the female drama was too big. So this is Noe's room. My mom and I picked out this fabric for the curtains to go with the bedding (the bedding: $149 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Same set at Ross: $49.00. I know.) Anyway, my super duper handy mother whipped up these adorable curtains. We got the bed at Direct Buy. Get this: The bed retails for $1200. It has drawers on the bottom for clothing, and the whole bottom pulls out for a trundle. We signed up for the free 30 day trial membership, and got the bed for ONE THIRD of that price. I KNOW! I was dying too.
*Perfectionist disclaimer: Pardon the junk on the window sill. And Noe makes her own bed.




Lastly, we had General Conference this weekend. Here is a page from the notes that Noe took:

Frankly, I can clearly see that this is Elder Eyring speaking into the microphone. And do you notice the background? Very accurate. I sort of feel like I'm parenting a prodigy. Of course, I'm not. Not by a really, really long shot. But let's all play along, mmm'kay?

11 comments:

Clair said...

Nice progress! Please get dear Noe a nightstand so she doesn't have to use the windowsill. I realize that your feng shui might get a little messed up cause it will block the drawers under the bed, but it is something to consider... NICE curtains- your mom rocks! The drawing is precious! You are right. She picked up on those little hints of background color perfectly. I love Elder Eyring's smile!

Moscow Monson's said...

The house looks great! Love Noe's curtains. And that picture is begging to be sent into the friend! I could tell who it was!

Lauren in GA said...

The leg lamp cracked me up. It looks like a major award to me.

The house is looking GREAT. Loving the man cave and Noe's room. Your mom is very talented. The curtians are darling...and the fact that you got such good prices, so fantastic!

I also liked the "*Perfectionist disclaimer". I need to do that on my blog...providing I ever blog again, that is.

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

I am pretty impressed.

jessica said...

I totally knew that was Pres. Eyring! The house looks great and your mom has some sweet skillz...

Tristan said...

The house looks fantastic! Noe's room is super cute! Love the drawing of Eyring.

Jessica said...

And Henry was so happy while he was saying it all!!

So is that Direct Buy .com or what?

Christie said...

FRAJEELAY....

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Love the sneak peeks at the new house. We'd like a room-by-room tour though, please.

Love the curtains and the drawing. Your family rocks.

martha corinna said...

I love the picture of Pres. Eyring, it makes GC seem a little spooky, which is really awesome. They should throw a spooky spin in there for October.

The Prestwich's said...

That picture is priceless. I laughed so hard. Yes, I mean Larry Bird.

Darren and Stephanie said...

Love the Larry Bird pictures. Growing up I knew of only one NBA player, so in my mind he is still the only one that matters. Yes, Mr. Bird you are loved in the Kellogg home!