So here's Carolyn. She and I taught together last year, and she is WICKED FUN! I don't think I have ever enjoyed a year of employment as much as I did last year. And she was a huge part of that.
We caught this really neat laser show. It was all Michael Jackson music. I was so proud of my kids who knew all the MJ songs they played. What can I say? It doesn't take much to make this mama happy. But I can see why acid-trippers love these things. I mean, I was completely sober and I had surreal experiences. Can you imagine hallucinogenics at something like this? Straight crazy. Anyway, snapped a few slow-speed shots during the show, and I really loved how they turned out. Matter o'fact, I loved this one enough to try out my new photographer's watermark on it. Whattaya think?
We also went to this great big butterfly garden. There were butterflies flying all over the place, and you could get right up on them and check them out. Here's Keola being a bit freaked out that one just flew up in his face:

This is Carolyn's daughter, Seneca. She and Carolyn watched the kids for us when we have had to travel out of town in the past. My kids beg for them. Literally.
It was a ton of fun, and made me feel less sad about leaving such a great friend behind. So who's next? Come see us!! Good times.

9 comments:
Watch out, I just may come and bring the whole clan. What did you say your name was again?
I love the new watermark. I noticed it before I read what you wrote about it.
Your photography is really amazing, Andrea.
Okay, so...I have to say that I read your comment on Gabi's post about her 20 year anniversary and I burst out laughing when you said that it was such a wonderful accomplishment...that she was able to tame her bangs (not have a happy 20 year marriage) Your comments are always hilarious, lady. Even if I don't have time to read all of the comments on posts I always scan for yours.
Don't worry...if I ever come to your town it will be solely to see you.
Excellent pictures!
Love the pics! So, so cool. And the watermark looks MAAVELOUS dahling.
The photos of the lazer show are awesome! The watermark is great!
There's no time limit on our stay, right? Always wanted to live in the Northwest... You can give us a corner of the manor - just add 7 more place settings for supper please.
Ohhh. Those pics remind me of the Pink Floyd laser shows back in the day. Good times.
I love the photos. Maybe I'll have to come up for the butterflies.
Oh I am all over that Michael Jackson laser show! The last time we went to Seattle my girls begged for MJ, so I made a playlist and you know we rocked it!
Post a Comment