Monday, June 28, 2010

Guess Where I Been...

We have had a FAAAAABULOUS time. Really. We have been childless for a couple of weeks, we threw all our belongings in a moving truck, and set out for our newest adventure. We moved into our house (pictures to come...), unpacked for a few days, and decided we needed a break. See if you can guess where we went:

This is where we played miniature golf, and my husband beat me by ONE POINT...


The ceiling of said miniature golf place. Pretty cool, huh?


Okay... making it a bit easier here:
We hit the Blackjack tables, and left when we doubled our original money. We know when to kiss a good thing goodbye.
Was it New York? Don't be fooled by the obvious clues...
Yeah. You guessed it. Vegas, baby. We did so much in five days, it was awesome. We used coupons and listened to timeshare spiels so we could afford to do so much. If you work it right, you can do Vegas on a dime. Also, you need to overlook the fact that Vegas is really only about the three B's: Buffets, Betting, and Boobs. We enjoyed two out of three, and tried to avoid all the "hot babes delivered to you" coupons we were offered.
Quick summary: All of these shows were 100% worth seeing, if you're in the neighborhood. Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, and the Bodies Exhibit. Absolutely amazing.
I have tons and tons to catch up on. I haven't had internet access for almost three weeks. Can you imagine my inbox? My Google Reader? We're talking in the hundreds here. (My apologies in advance for Marking All As Read). And I still have more to unpack, kids coming in this week, house guests this weekend, and let's not forget the lounging around and eating of bonbons. How's a girl to fit it all in??
Eh. As long as I have this amazing guy by my side, the rest of it doesn't really matter. Hope you are all enjoying your summer. Let's catch up soon!!

13 comments:

Hollyween said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see pics of the new house! You did say you're posting them, right?

I love Vegas. I went there when I was 21 and doubled down on a pair of aces and won 300 bucks. I was on a high for weeks because of that. The best thing to do is take your money and run!!


Just click the 'mark all as read' button and start over. Otherwise you're going to have blogging stress and it won't be fun anymore.

Anna said...

I hope you rode the roller coaster at New York New York or maybe the one on top of the space needle.

Lisa-Marie said...

YEAH! i've missed you. glad to hear you're having a great time. can't wait to hear more.

Lauren in GA said...

It is so good to, "see" you and read about you!!!!! I love the pictures...especially, the last one of one of the greatest looking couples on the planet.

I am shocked that you can do Vegas on a dime. That is so awesome.

AAACK! He beat you by one point. It was just luck ;).

Christie said...

Welcome back, chica. Good to see you again.

Jessica said...

You better not mark ME as read. Without reading. I mean it.

So glad to have an update. We've had Andrea-withdrawals, big time, in blogdom.

diane said...

Jessica isn't kidding about the Andrea-withdrawal syndrome. I've had it too.

Happy unpacking.

Tristan said...

I've missed you!! I'm jealous of your Vegas trip!! How cool!! You and Skip deserve a fun week alone like that. I'm glad you got to do it.

martha corinna said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your new home.

It would be heaven to be childless for a few weeks, what would I even do with myself? It is our 10 year anniversary this summer and I keep telling my husband that if he wants to stay married to me he needs to take me someplace away from my children. It has been 7 years. The only time I have been away from them is when I am having another baby in the hospital. Totally grounds for divorce.

Brynne said...

So glad you are back, have missed your posts! Way to live it up sans children! Good luck settling in!

calibosmom said...

Woohoo! Glad you're back. I can't wait to see pics of your new digs! How could you let him beat you by 1 point? Looks like you two had a great time and I'm sure Skip actually had all 3 B's...

Jenibelle said...

You look gorgeous. Glad you had fun!

Steven Rosbach said...

I paid $180 for two tickets to Andrew Dice Clay in Vegas in November 2003. Two weeks later my friend saw him in LA, and paid $5 a ticket. Dice's first joke was, "Did you know there are ****ing people in Vegas who are still paying $90 a ****ing ticket to see me? Don't they know I'm washed up?"

*Sidenote: He sucked.