But this... this tops it all. There is nothing on earth my kids could do that would make me feel more accomplished as a parent. Noe has been dying to have Eric T. come over and play. I ADORE Eric T. I am secretly plotting their future nuptials. This kid is darling. So I finally found a free afternoon, called Mrs. T, and scheduled a time for him to come and play. Before Noe went to bed the night prior to his visit, she asked me for some tape. She wanted to hang her list up on the wall. Her List Of Things To Do With Eric T. Observe:
Just in case any of it is a little fuzzy, here's what she's listed:
-park (as in "go to the park" not "park...a verb involving a vehicle and tonsil hockey")
-eat
-play in tree house
-read
-chalk project
-TV
-video games
-kid's mosaic stone kit
-play kitchen
-coloring
This is all followed by a list of possible snacks, and a random set of tally marks. I'm not even kidding, I got a little teary-eyed when I saw this. I mean, what else is there left for me to teach her? Sure we'll have a talk one day about bras and boys, but frankly, my work here is done.
18 comments:
Tuck that away my friend, she will turn 13 and even worse, 16. You'll be wishin' she was just talking about swings at the park!
Just to knock you down a notch...I don't see BoM reading on that list of things to do or cleaning bathrooms or washing the dog, now those are USEFUL activities. You can't get through life just having fun. (I know, I've tried).
I ADORE the random tally marks. I made lists like this when I was a kid- being excited about special days was as exciting as actually living them.
Also, your park clarification got a snort outta me ;)
Well done my friend. Now send her over to my house so we can mess her up real good.
Oh, you are totally raising that girl right. What is it about organized list making that warms my mama heart more than anything else?
Well done, my friend.
Well done.
Sit back and relax.
I wonder what her "things to do with Eric T" list will look like in 9 years...
I'm sure it will still include "park."
Too, too cute. Could we please arrange a playdate with Noe and Sam W.????
From one list-and-schedule-maker to another: I get you, girl.
That is darling. I'm proud of you.
Now that just makes me proud. And Noe isn't even my daughter. Love those lists! There's just something about the satisfaction of being able to cross things off a list.
Ahhhhhh, yeaaaaaah...your work there is done...and done well.
Tonsil hockey. You make me laugh.
I like that she had a variety of snacks to choose from. Guests like to have choices.
Can she be the events coordinator for my summer. Tomorrow is the last day of school and while I am excited for summer, I am secretly dreading trying to keep my children entertained everyday with out involving the TV or video games.
Well done Mama! Well done.
That is the cutest thing ever.
bwah hahah! So funny! I didn't start with my own to do lists until I was well into my mothering years. I shed a tear of joy in happiness for you and your great, great accomplishment. Also, tally marks make my day.
Well done Noe! Now lets just hope Eric appreciates a well thought out "Honey Do" List.
Impressive. I love it when kids make lists. It's a sign of good things to come.
So dang cute! I'm dying to know how the playdate turned out.
Post a Comment