
"Howlin Mad" Murdock: My first suggestion was Jim Carey, but only if he takes it down a few notches. There's crazy, and then there's "please take your Ritalin, you're getting on my nerves." It's a fine line with Jimbo. Skip wants to see Woody Harrelson. I think he would do a good job, but I can't stand him. He's so trailer-trashy to me.

B.A. Baracus: In my opinion, who better than Ice Cube? No one else has the sneer mastered like he does. Skip suggests Ving Rhames. Also a worthy choice. I believe he voiced the social worker in Lilo and Stitch. And I'm pretty sure the social worker was Mr. T.

Templeton "Faceman" Peck (aka: Face): The possibilities are endless here. My first thought is Ashton Kutcher. Skip said Christian Bale (Batman). I liked his idea more.

Colonel John "Hanibal" Smith: The leader of the group. Must be chosen wisely. My first thought was Terry O'Quinn (John Locke, from LOST). Skip was thinking Tommy Lee Jones. I'm not really sold on either of those choices... which brings me to the point of this post.
WHO WOULD YOU CAST IN THESE VITAL ROLES? The A-Team was a huge part of my childhood. This cannot be taken lightly. I'm open to suggestions.
Discuss.
13 comments:
Umm...you guys got some time on your hands right now or something? My picks: Steve Buscemi, Ice Cube, Ashton Kutcher, & James Brolin.
Oh my goodness. I used to get to stay up late and watch the "A" team with my dad. We loved that show!!! I am TOTALLY with you on Ashton for Face. That would fit!!!! I haven't seen the A team in forever...good times.
Hmmm.....not Jim Carey. Ick. He drives me nuts. I'll get back to you. This will be a family project, thanks for the opportunity to talk with each other.
I could play Ms T as I have enough bling but I would need a spray on tan.
Sorry, I was busy watching Fame and didn't get into the A-team. But could you throw Mark Ruffalo in there somewhere?
I knew the show you were referring to the instant I read the title! Ah, memories.
I agree with what you said about Jim Carey...I also laughed heartily at it...He would be great if he does tone it down a little bit. I also like Giovanni Ribisi. He was so, so fantastic in The Other Sister and has played a whack job in other movies.
I agree about Ice Cube...but do you think he should wear the mowhawk and bling...or make it his own.
Ah, Skip chose well with Christian Bale for Faceman. I also like George Clooney. He seems a bit obvious but he has such charisma.
For Hanibal...hmmmmmm...that one is hard...I am going to go out on a limb and say John Travolta. He would have to let his hair go grey but I think he is a good actor.
I loved the A-Team too.
I like your suggestions. I completely agree with you regarding Jim Carey.
Hmmm….interesting.
Steve Buscemi as Mad Dog, good choice calibosman but I’m going to balk at James Brolin just out of principle (you know Babara makes him sit down to pee)
You are all over it Ms Lauran in GA, I was not really sold on Mr. Bale so your choice of Mr Charisma himself is an excellent one. As far as John Travolta goes, I can see it but it would depend on what voice he uses.
Um, I don't know, I'll have to ask my 11 and 9-year-old CHILDREN, as they are the only ones who watch that show around here.
No offense intended to you, of course.
Are we still friends?
A-Team is a little before my time. I'm a little lost here ;) I know who Mr. T is though! "I pitty the fool!"
I. LOVED. A-TEAM.
Loved it.
Lauren M-- great suggestions!
I didn't know there was a movie coming out! (Probably because I never get to go to the movies anymore)
I really need to find a good babysitter! I am out of the loop.
Oh, I love Christian Bale. Yes, Jim Carey is way too annoying. In anything. Hmmmm....that's all I got. sorry.
Ok, here goes:
Murdock: DEFINITELY Jim Carey. Or hey- weird choice, but maybe Shia LeBouf. He rambles like a silly ninny in every other movie he's done, so why not give him a part that actually calls for it?
B.A. Baracus: why not cast Mr T. himself? He's still around, still looks the part, and honestly I can't think of another actor out there who could pull it off. That being said, if we HAVE to go with a younger choice, I say we put Chris Rock on a solid steroid diet for a year and see what he can do with it.
Face: Matt Damon. Or Josh Brolin, maybe. You can't cast a Brit in an A-Team role, or whatever Christian Bale is, with his pissy attitude and ostentatious accent.
Hanibal: I like Tommy Lee Jones. Or Clint Eastwood, who would probably never take the part. Or George Clooney with his hair bleached white.
There.
Post a Comment