Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Man, His Wife, and Their Pheasants

We have an ongoing "conversation" in our house about the pheasants. Click here for the original story. Last night, the kids and I spotted this one on the way home. We pulled over to grab a picture of it. I came home, and changed Skip's computer desktop from the family picture to this:


He totally loves it, and he's going to keep it up for a long time, mostly because he's a huge fan of the bird, and also mostly because he thinks I'm the funniest person EVER.

Right babe?

10 comments:

AnnEE said...

The thing that made me the most mad was that anonymous took some things I said, mixed them with other things other people said, and then totally twisted them around. If you look at my original post, there's even parts where I said,"i did the norm, and it was a mistake!", so i never said my way or the highway. it's what works for me, and I wanted to remember it. ugh.

it has provided some pretty great entertainment around here though. bring it on, anon.

also- how they brought the church into it. what???

HappyBack said...

You doctored that. That's not a real bird.

♥Shally said...

Zach and I have the same sort of joke with a painted airplane on the side of the road near Mesquite, NV. He kept seeing it, and commenting on why it would be there. Just to mess with him, I pretended to never see it (at least 10 times).
The other day, he stopped on the freeway, took a picture and sent it to my phone.

I erased it and said I never got the picture.

And I CRACKED up at your little bird blurb...

Clair said...

hee,hee...good one!
what could I put on Dave's desktop? I'll have to think about that...

Skip said...

Again, Steve can see things my way. Tha's not a real bird. I'm going to find your stash of fake pheasants and expose you for the phony pheasant fiend you truly are. And sorry babe, you're the second funniest person EVER. Love ya lots!

Tristan said...

Love it the picture, love your sense of humor! :)

The Mencl's said...

I believe you! I've seen them. They are definately real. They are everywhere around here, except when it's hunting season and then they hide! We almost hit one it seems everytime we drive out into the country to visit my parents. How funny that you have a family joke about them though. Great picture!

Ilene said...

Okay here are the skirt links again:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5279310

(just click on 'clothing' option on the side.)

My absolute favorite skirt that I am too cheap (and too pregnant) to buy:

http://www.libertyworth.com/LibbyDibbySkirts.htm

AnnEE said...

I KNEW IT WAS YOU! You are so calous!

Kidding. You're a funny one.

BTW-got the cd. I'll let you know how it's coming.....:o)

Hazen5 said...

Look at you, you are so clever!! Teach me how.