Last week I took my kids down to the Oregon Coast to watch Skip's cadets participate in Ranger Challenge. To say the trip was uneventful would be a total and complete lie.
Five of the following statements are true. You decide which five:
1. At least I got to enjoy plenty of time with my husband.
2. At least the weather was fantastic.
3. At least we got to go to the beach.
4. At least my car didn't break down in the middle of a rainstorm on some obscure highway.
5. At least I didn't have to wait 2 hours for a tow truck.
6. At least no one had to pee in a Gatorade bottle.
7. At least the tow truck was huge and cool, and the kids loved riding in it.
8. At least the tow truck driver was cleancut and not scary.
9. At least there were no used rubber gloves lying on the floor of the towtruck, probably left over from a previous murder.
10. At least we didn't get stranded in a hotel for the weekend, since all repair shops were closed.
11. At least my husband was able to pick us up on his way home late Sunday night, so we got back in time for school and work on Monday.
12. At least I didn't have to leave my car at a body shop with a note pinned to it, like a baby abandoned on the doorstep of a church.
13. At least it's not still there.
14. At least I get to drive ten hours with my cool husband to go pick it up this Friday.
15. At least it won't cost me $4,000 to get it fixed.
Probably on Wednesday I will post the results. With pictures. Oh yes, with pictures. See if you can guess 4 out of the 5 true statements above, and I'll have a prize for you by early next week.
B, you can't play.
(In the light of recent plagiarism gripes, let me just say that while writing this post, I vaguely recalled one similar to it I read this summer. And I am so not wanting to be a plagiarizer, that I actually went back and looked up that post so I could give proper credit. Sorry it's not in APA format. What can I say, Christie... great minds think alike!)
18 comments:
2,3,14,15 are true!!! haha! did i win!!???
It sounds like a great weekend was had by all...
I'm going to guess 6,7,11 & 14 are true.
Have fun with Skip on your way to get your car :)
By the way, you and I really need to compare music sometime. We seem to have a lot of the same tastes!
14, 7, 1, 11 are true. And if the rest are false, friend, you had a whopper of a weekend. Anxiously anticipating pictures and the answers.
Um, I think that I said "cool husband" once in a post of mine.
I need my credit.
Next time you say that, I would appreciate a link, okay?
Thanks.
1,2,3,11&14
Looking forward to the whole story.
Oh me, oh my. I can't wait for the answers. Sounds like an adventure whichever they are. I'm trying to not be too sad I didn't get to see you. But considering I had two children home sick today you're probably glad to not add to the list "caught infectious virus."
I know I've used the term "cool husband" as well. So I will need a link as well! ;)
I say all of the above are true statements! And I am so sorry that all happend!
I have never, ever used the term "cool husband" and I won't since I don't know who to give credit to.
My vote is 3,7,11,14,15
4, 7, 11, 14 and 15?! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Sounds like a real faith building experience.
Some of the greatest ideas aren't original. It is a talent to be able to pick out the good ideas from other people and then use them yourself. It means you are smart and have a gift for dicernment. Of course you have to change it around just a little-- or I guess a link would be appropriate.
At least the weekend provided plenty of blogging material.
I don't know which are true but I sure hope #15 isn't. $4000 for car repairs makes me want to throw up.
I choose 14, 7, 1 and 11 that are ture. Wow sounds like an eventful and not at all terifying weekend. Glad you made it back alive and with ALL of your kids, even if the car didn't come with you.
1, 4, 5, 7, and 9 are all true.
Nobody could make that bad of stuff up.
Cool husband here. You guys forgot to read the fine print and when I say fine print it's not the shirt my wife is currently wearing. It's the print that says by participating in and/or reading this post you agree to contribute to the "it didn't cost $4000" repair cost or help pay for the gas that it's going to cost to "not drive 10 hours to pick it up" your choice. And here's a teaser to a post that I'm sure is in the works. Ask my wife how much the van is worth in comparison to the cost of the repairs and you will know why we no longer drive a van but a transmission.
7, 14, 3, 8, 15
I'm scared to guess...but I cannot wait to hear all about it! Planning a road trip is just ASKIN' for trouble, if you ask me.
2,3,7,11,14-GO RED SOX!
Let me just say - sheesh I'm sorry :o(. Why can't we devoted military Mom's catch a break for all the hours of single parenting?
Is there an insurance out there the military could give us to cover vehicle repair costs (oh wait, that would only be to ensure the service member made it to work...family van - eh, you have feet. Or a thumb....do people remember the day's of a stranded person - and NOT being terrified if someone ACTUALLY stopped to help!)
And though Skip couldn't play, I LOVE his comment :o).
6 is true because you probably would never allow that and probably don’t drink Gatorade. But who knows….it’s amazing what people do in strenuating circumstances.
11 is true because how else would you have got home?
14 is true. period.
3 is true because you told me that part when I talked to you on Friday. Unless you said, “we didn’t go to the beach,” which is quite possible since four other people were talking to me when I was trying to have a phone conversation with YOU.
And, I would say 7 is true because kids do tend to look at the bright side most of the time.
I’m so sorry. Sounds like things really went downhill after the pool. At least you’re getting the Friday “alone” time though, which is something to cheer about.
Post a Comment