Monday, September 8, 2008

I Love You Just the Way You Are

So. Sometimes I get a little confused in my marital relationship. I see my darling spouse, Paige Skip, and I know there's a lot of love, but I just gotta wonder...
The other day we were walking down the street. Paige Skip says to me, "We need to get you some new shoes." I say, "What's wrong with the shoes I'm wearing?" Paige Skip says to me, "You look so good, and then... there's the shoes."
It's a known fact that I'm frugal. Possibly even a bit cheap. I go for the sale items. I employ the old motto "Make do or do without." I don't know why. I'm not really poor. I just am that way.
Paige Skip, on the other hand, likes to encourage me to get new things and look my best. Remember when Skip Paige inspired me to buy that new dress? Well it got me a little hooked. I just bought another new dress. And I'm sure my spouse(s) will like it a lot.
It's nice to be loved. It's nice to know that my spouse(s) want(s) me to look and feel my best. It's good that he or she encourages me to treat myself to new things from time to time. I appreciate having such a loving spouse(s) and I just wanted to give a public thank you.
It's good that the one who most loves me in life is also fashion savvy and willing to drop a lot of money on a pair of shoes or a new dress. So Paige, Skip, I love you.

23 comments:

Rynell said...

You make that dress look very cute.

Paige/Skip: you are awesome.

Jenibelle said...

Gotta love a man who WANTS you to shop. That's my kind of guy. And gotta love a friend who is anxious to help you spend money, my guy doesn't like that kind of friend!!

diane said...

Your new dress is darling. You look hot!
Now where are the shoes? Are you waiting for Shoesday?

Celia Fae said...

Andrea. Could you be any cuter/hotter?

I liked you better in your one old dress and two old skirts and your peter rabbit toiletry bag. Then I could win.

Paige is going to adore this post. She already thinks she is queen.

Paige said...

Oh baby I love you too. We are right, you do need the shoes, and you are so hot in the dresses that we (HE) just can't resist you. You also need the patent bag. Do you want the hot pink one? I also have a navy blue.

Paige said...

What size are you? I'm a 6 1/2 and I could send you some. Frugal is not our friend.

Nortorious said...

Paige is a fashion maven. You should try to score her pink purse.

Bridget said...

You look gorgeous in the dress. Did you get a patent purse and metallic shoes too? We need the picture for proof.

Tristan said...

That is a REALLY cute new dress and you look beautiful in it! Paige and Skip have influenced you well!

gab said...

You look darling! No wonder you have so many spouses...(or is it "spice"? like mice instead of mouses?)

♥Shally said...

Great dress.

Next post:

Purses Paige sent me. :)

And you really do have to get rid of that toiletry bag...

Katie said...

ah, 2 spouses... u fight with both??

Heidiram said...

Cute dress. Can't wait to see the new shoes.

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

I'll never forget one day you walked out into the family room and said, "Isn't this a cute shirt? I got it at D.I.!"
I was stunned, it was just a plane t shirt. I didn't know what to say. But I told all of our friends. Sooooo glad you are treating yourself to new dresses. You deserve it and you look great!

Christie said...

What? There is a husband out there in the world begging his wife to buy more shoes?

Does Skip want a polygamous wife? I'll join if I can buy more shoes. He doesn't even have to sleep with me.

Red Seaglass said...

just checking in...and yes you do know all the words to spaceballs. I learned them with you. good times...

Lisa-Marie said...

YOu are one hot tamale! Seriously. Whew!

Apparently Paige supports fashion warranted polygamy. Think she'd take me on as well? I could use some major help myself!

Hazen5 said...

I agree that they both have your best interest at heart! You gotta love those two.

D-dawg said...

You look GOOD!

HappyBack said...

waitaminute... what's going with you, Paige, and Skip? And are you selling videos...? causeiwannabuyone.....

lisamarie said...

new shoes, the yellow dress is gone (hallelujah), you've made a trip to the basement of the BYU bookstore (we won't go into details there).....wow, before we know it you'll be renting back episodes of Project Runway and glued to Bravo TV on Wednesday nights. Just as long as you don't start looking into the extreme makeover bit. cuz i do love ya just the way you are... :)

calibosmom said...

So where are the shoes??? I need to see the complete outfit! Where did you get the dress? I want one.

Clair said...

wouldn't the red peep-toe shoes pretty much go with everything?